About The Program
About the Program
Program Staff Bios
Credits, Sources, and Acknowledgements
What Others Say
Human Origin Lab (HOL)
African Cultures Lab
Pre Visit Lesson Plans
Post Visit Lesson Plans
Workshops and Programs
Introduction to The Connecting Human Origin and Cultural Diversity Program (CHOCD) and Homo sapiens sapiens
- Personal introduction
- CHOCD introduction
II. What makes us human?
- Human origin
- How do humans and chimpanzees differ?
- Member of one species Homo sapiens sapiens
1. Arm span vs. height
2. Head Proportions
3. Skull measurement example: ration of length of the skull to the height of the person, calculation
III. What do we eat?
- Bridge from archaeologist finding a skull and measuring the height of the skull and determining what the person ate by looking at the teeth
- Introduction of herbivore/carnivore/omnivore
1. Show cow skull and human skull as a comparison
2. Show herbivore/carnivore board
- What do humans eat?
- What do cows eat?
- What do wolves eat?
4. Group animals/humans according to what they eat
- Cards of examples of different foods for herbivore/carnivore/omnivore
1. Team competition