- Use PINK campus envelopes whenever possible.
- List name AND department only. (Room # not necessary, but can be included.)
- Courier Mail should be clearly marked with its destination included. (Columbia, Kansas City, Rolla, or UM St. Charles.)
- Separate Campus mail from outgoing USPS mail.
USPS OUTGOING MAIL
- Use tabs to seal tri-folded pieces and non-envelope mail.
- Avoid the use of paper clips and staples. This can cause damage to the mail piece during processing and at USPS.
- Separate international mail from domestic mail. (This will ensure your mail is not delayed due to incorrect postage.)
- Include MAILROOM ACCOUNT NUMBER whenever possible.
Call 5203 if you are not sure of your number. (An e-mail may be requested for authenticity purposes.)
- Envelope contents must fit completely inside of envelope to prevent damage to mail piece.
- All envelopes other than #10 business size envelopes must be sealed by sender before Mail Services receives them.
*NOTE: Inter-campus mail that is in regular white envelopes and not separated from outgoing mail or that is mixed in with large outgoing mailings, runs the risk of having postage put on it and being mailed out. Please separate these pieces in order to avoid this risk.