Office of Academic Affairs
Policies and Documents
Colleges and Schools
Centers and Institutes
Academic Support Units
Information About UMSL Faculty
Information For UMSL Faculty
Information About UMSL Students
Information For UMSL Students
Assessment at UMSL
Five Year Program Reviews
Assessment of Faculty
Student Assessments and Processes
A registered student is required to remit payment of educational fees by deadlines that are announced for the fall and spring semesters. The university will cancel the registrations in all courses of students from whom the university has not received and processed either the full payment or the required minimum payment (a stipulated portion of the balance due after deducting approved financial aid) for assessed fees by announced deadlines.
Policies and Procedures Related to Cancellation of Student Registration
- The university will make efforts to notify any student whose registration is about to be administratively cancelled prior to taking this action.
- If a cancelled student wishes to re-register for a course that has a wait list:
- A cancelled student's space in a course will be given to other students on that course's wait list on or before the last day on which a student may enroll in a course.
- The cancelled student will be placed at the end of the course wait list.
- Any student who has been administratively cancelled for nonpayment of educational fees may not enroll in a class unless the required educational fees have been paid.
- Cancelled students who re-register on or after the first day of the semester will be assessed a nonrefundable late registration charge.
- Once a student's registration has been administratively cancelled for nonpayment of educational fees, that student may not attend class unless s/he has officially re-registered.