Office of Academic Affairs
Policies and Documents
Office of Academic Integrity
Colleges and Schools
Centers and Institutes
Academic Support Units
Information About UMSL Faculty
Information For UMSL Faculty
Information About UMSL Students
Information For UMSL Students
This memo from the VPAA provides a brief overview of the required attachments to the CBHE forms.
The Office of Vice President for Academic Affairs
University of Missouri
309 University Hall . 882-3119
Released Program Approval Notes on March 12, 2003
These are designed to provide a brief overview of the required attachments to the CBHE forms:
A. The Coordinating Board of Higher Education (CBHE) recently released the Clarifying Comments, which all new programs must meet. A short summary of those clarifying comments includes:
- A clear alignment with the stated mission of the campus
- A strong student and market demand and evidence of the importance of the program to Missouri's economic and educational needs
- Efficient use of resources
- Benefits of collaboration and at the very least, explanation that new program does NOT duplicate programs existing in area.
B. In addition to the CBHE Forms and Clarifying Comments, all new programs must meet three criteria outlined by President Elson Floyd.
- The implementation of the new program must not affect the quality of existing programs
- There needs to be a verified market analysis for the program.
- There must be a clear business plan in place to support the program.
(Source: The Office of Vice President for Academic Affairs, Released Program Approval Notes on March 12, 2003)