Instructions for Completing the Course Proposal Form to Change a Course Listing
The information below is available for download as printable PDF.
Course Change Page
- Please use Times New Roman font to fill in the spaces.
- Fill in the name of your
- Put and X in the parentheses before "CHANGE". Right after the Change, please put an X before all of the changes that you are proposing.
- Complete the "Current Bulletin Listing" by copying it exactly as it is in the current Bulletin including the
- Curricular designation
- Course number
- Credit hours
- Complete the "Proposed Bulletin Listing"
- Use the Course Description Template as a guide.
- The Bulletin will read exactly as they are described here, so please pay careful attention to spelling and punctuation.
- Include only those changes that you are proposing. To avoid misunderstanding, a change in the course description requires a full new description, even if you are changing only a few words.
- Fill in your name and phone number in case committee members need clarification.
- Provide a brief rationale for changing the course.
- If changing this course affects its status on the General Education list, please note that.
- If this is course is below the 3000 level and the proposed changes affect any State of Missouri goals it currently fulfills, please indicate which and explain.
- Consider whether changing this course might affect the curricula or enrollment of other departments. It is better to consult widely before submitting the proposal.
- If this is a cross-listed course, it automatically affects the other department(s).
- Cross-listed courses must have identical titles, hours, prerequisites and descriptions as those that you are proposing on this form.
- Your proposal will be held until all other departments submit proposals with the same changes as proposed here.
- Any interested departments should be listed. Please ask their chairs to submit comments and approvals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Begin the approval process at the unit level.
- The dean will submit your proposal to the Office of Academic Affairs, thereby indicating that all unit procedures were followed and that the college approves the proposal.