Instructions for Completing the Course Proposal Form to Add a Course
The information below is also available as a PDF file.
Please complete these sections of the Course Proposal Form using the Times New Roman font to fill in the spaces.
- Fill in the name of your
- Put an X in the parentheses before "Add".
- Complete the "Proposed Bulletin Listing."
a. Use the Course Description Template as a guide.
b. The Bulletin will read exactly as the description proposed, so please pay careful attention to spelling and punctuation.
- Fill in your name and phone number in case committee members need clarification.
- Provide a brief rationale for offering the new course.
- If you wish a course below the 3000 level to be included in the General Education list, please note that, and indicate which of the State of Missouri goals it will fulfill.
- Consider whether changing this course might affect the curricula or enrollment of other departments. It is better to consult widely before submitting the proposal. Often other departments are interested in new courses that may be only slightly related to the proposed course.
- If this is a cross-listed course, it automatically affects the other department(s).
- Cross-listed courses must have identical titles, hours, prerequisites and descriptions as those that you are proposing on this form.
- Your proposal will be held until all other departments submit proposals with the same information as proposed here.
- Any interested departments should be listed. Please ask their chairs to submit comments and approvals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Begin the approval process at the unit level.
- The dean will submit your proposal to the Office of Academic Affairs, thereby indicating that all unit procedures were followed and that the college approves the proposal
Course Add Page