10.2 Specific Format Required for a Complete Proposal
A complete proposal should contain the following information in this order and numbered this way:
- New Program Proposal Form: Please complete Form NP
- Student Demand:
i. Estimated enrollment each year for the first five years for full-time and part-time students (Please complete Form SE.)
ii. Will enrollment be capped in the future?
- Market Demand:
i. National, state, regional, or local assessment of labor need for citizens with these skills
- Societal Need:
i. General needs which are not directly related to employment
- Methodology used to determine "B" and "C" above.
- Student Demand:
- Duplication and Collaboration: If similar programs currently exist in Missouri, what makes the proposed program necessary and/or distinct from the others at public institutions, area vocational technical schools, and private career schools?
Does delivery of the program involve a collaborative effort with any external institution or organization? If yes, please complete Form CL.
- Program Structure: Please complete Form PS
- Total credits required for graduation
- Residency requirements, if any
- Courses and credits required for general education
- Courses and credits required for the major
- Number of free elective credits remaining (Sum of C, D, and E should equal A)
- Requirements for thesis, internship, or other capstone experiences
- Any unique features, for example, interdepartmental cooperation
- Financial Projections (for public institutions only): Please complete form FP (available as a PDF file). Additional narrative may be added as needed. If more than one institution is providing support, please complete a separate form for each institution.
- Program Characteristics and Performance Goals: See the recommended format and issues to be addressed (Form PG). For collaborative programs, responsibility for program evaluation and assessment rests with the institution(s) granting the degree(s).
- Accreditation: If accreditation is not a goal for this program, provide a brief rationale for your decision. If the institution is seeking program accreditation, provide any additional information that supports your program.
- Institutional Characteristics: Please describe succinctly why your institution is particularly well equipped or well suited to support the proposed program.
- Any Other Relevant Information:
(Source: Missouri Department of Higher Education)