Office of Academic Affairs
Policies and Documents
Office of Academic Integrity
Colleges and Schools
Centers and Institutes
Academic Support Units
Information About UMSL Faculty
Information For UMSL Faculty
Information About UMSL Students
Information For UMSL Students
Assessment at UMSL
Five Year Program Reviews
Assessment of Faculty
Student Assessments and Processes
The information below is available for download as printable PDF.
- Please use Times New Roman font to fill in the spaces.
- Fill in the name of your
- Put and X in the parentheses before "CHANGE". Right after the Change, please put an X before all of the changes that you are proposing.
- Complete the "Current Bulletin Listing" by copying it exactly as it is in the current Bulletin including the
- Curricular designation
- Course number
- Credit hours
- Complete the "Proposed Bulletin Listing"
- Use the Course Description Template as a guide.
- The Bulletin will read exactly as they are described here, so please pay careful attention to spelling and punctuation.
- Include only those changes that you are proposing. To avoid misunderstanding, a change in the course description requires a full new description, even if you are changing only a few words.
- Fill in your name and phone number in case committee members need clarification.
- Provide a brief rationale for changing the course.
- If changing this course affects its status on the General Education list, please note that.
- If this is course is below the 3000 level and the proposed changes affect any State of Missouri goals it currently fulfills, please indicate which and explain.
- Consider whether changing this course might affect the curricula or enrollment of other departments. It is better to consult widely before submitting the proposal.
- If this is a cross-listed course, it automatically affects the other department(s).
- Cross-listed courses must have identical titles, hours, prerequisites and descriptions as those that you are proposing on this form.
- Your proposal will be held until all other departments submit proposals with the same changes as proposed here.
- Any interested departments should be listed. Please ask their chairs to submit comments and approvals to email@example.com.
- Begin the approval process at the unit level.
- The dean will submit your proposal to the Office of Academic Affairs, thereby indicating that all unit procedures were followed and that the college approves the proposal.