Location: Taipei City, Taiwan, Asia
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program
Special Notes: Only two spots available for UMSL students.
Special Notes: This program runs annually.
Language of Instruction: English and/or Mandarin
UMSL Term Abroad: Summer. Students can also participate on semester or year exchange at this institution.
Approximate or Known Dates Abroad:
UMSL Eligibility Requirements.
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline
Program: Students will participate in exciting weekly Chinese culture workshops taught by excellent Professors from National Taiwan Normal University. They will also participate in a series of social and cultural activities. The module is composed of two courses - "Introduction to Taiwan Culture (English conducted) and "Contemporary Chinese (Mandarin-conducted). Students will earn NTNU transcript/credit certificate. Sample Syllabus.The summer program offers 4-9 weeks credit-bearing courses in the summer. There are three program options.
- Option 1 - Introduction to Taiwan Culture (English-taught)
- Department of Taiwan Culture, Languages, and Literature, NTNU
- Program dates: July (4 weeks)
- Option 2 - Contemporary Chinese (Mandarin-conducted, students will be required to take a placement exam)
- Mandarin Training Center, NTNU
- Program dates: July to Mid-August (9 weeks)
- Option 3 - Combo of option 1 and option 2
- Program dates: July - Mid-August (9 weeks)
- (Note: Students should take the placement test)
Cost Estimates for 2013*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Books and course materials||$10|
|Mandatory HTH insurance||$70|
|Meals & Personal Expenses||$500|
|Local Transportation and Other||$-|
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 5 undergraduate credit hours at the 2014/15 rate - 2015/16 tuition rate TBA in April. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Airline estimate based off of online search.
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.