Thai Education Exchange
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Program Type: UMSL Faculty-Led Program
Dates: January 8-17, 2014
Course: EDUC 7999: Dissertation Research or alternative course, with instructor's consent
Faculty Director: Dr. Virginia Navarro, Professor of Education
Priority Application Deadline:
Final Application Deadline:
Eligibility Requirements:UMSL Study Abroad Eligibility Requirements.This program welcomes undergraduates, graduate students, and life-long learners.
|Tuition (3 credits, 2013-2014 rates)
|Meals & Personal Expenses
*Subject to change.
Program Fee includes •Health insurance •Accomodations •Some meals •All excursions •In-country transportation
Not Included in the Fees •Roundtrip airfare •Personal expenses (estimate $300 depending on personal habits) •Passport
Application and Deposit Deadline:
Acceptance Documents Deadline:
Remaining Program Fee Deadline:
Online Orientation Completion:
Mandatory SA In Person Oriention:
Mandatory Program Orientation:
For Additional Information:
Dr. Virginia Navarro, Associate Professor of Education (email@example.com, 314-516-5871)
Nate Daugherty, Study Abroad Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, 314-516-6497)
Scholarships: available through International Studies and Programs for all accepted UMSL full-time, degree-seeking students with a 2.75 GPA or above.
Students will need to submit the following documents to the Study Abroad Office. Forms are available online.
1. Fill out the Study Abroad Application Form
2. Non-refundable*** $500 deposit (due at time of application - check payable to UMSL)
3. Scholarship application and scholarship essay (UMSL students only/optional)
4. Non-UMSL applicants are required to submit a $100 application fee. The application fee is payable by check or money order to 'UMSL'.
5. Non-UMSL students must also submit a letter of recommendation and transcript
Application and non-refundable deposit are due by DATE for priority application acceptance. Additional documents and remaining program fees to be paid in full are due by DATE.
Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation:
Faculty-led program participants are required to complete the online study abroad orientation, which covers health and safety topics, culture shock, and much more. Participants may or may not have to attend an in-person orientation; you will be notified by the program coordinator via e-mail regarding the specific requirements for your program. Non-UM-St. Louis students residing in the St. Louis area are welcome to attend. Please notify the Study Abroad Office if you will be attending so that we may send you a parking permit and directions, details and location.
Important Information Regarding Fees and Registration:
There are two fees for faculty-led programs:Tuition and Program Fee. Each fee must be paid separately.
1. Program fees must be paid by check or money order made out to UMSL and sent or brought to the Study Abroad Office. Credit cards are NOT accepted for program fees.
2. Tuition will be billed to your student account by the Cashier's Office after registration is complete. Non-UMSL credit participants will be notified via e-mail by the Study Abroad Office as to how they can make payments online or through the Cashier's Office. If not participating for credit, the non-credit fee is payable by check made out to UMSL and must be sent to the Study Abroad Office.
Registration Instructions will be sent to you via e-mail by the Study Abroad Coordinator. DO NOT TRY TO REGISTER WITHOUT RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM THE STUDY ABROAD OFFICE ABOUT THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR YOUR PROGRAM.
* Additional spots may be made available. This program requires a minimum number of participants for the program to be viable. Should that number not be reached, applicants will be contacted to discuss alternative opportunities.
** UMSL reserves the right to revise the program fee if there are fluctuations in the exchange rate and departure fees. Participants are responsible for any increase in rates.
***Deposit will be refunded only if you are not selected to participate in the program or the program is cancelled by behalf of the university.