University of Tuzla
Location: Tuzla, Bosnia, Europe
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program
Language of Instruction: Bosnian
UMSL Term Abroad: Academic Year, Fall, Spring
UMSL Study Abroad Eligibility Requirements. Students must have a high/native proficiency to participate on this program.
- Fall/Academic Year: February 16 (final)
- Spring: September 23 (final)
- Interested applicants should explore the University of Tuzla website for course offerings.
The University: The University of Tuzla is a young and growing university in Bosnia. Started in the 1970s, it has evolved from a few colleges to thirteen colleges and several departments. There are currently more than 15,000 students at the University.
Academics: The partnership between the University of Missouri-St. Louis and University of Tuzla is new and developing. Students can take classes in most departments at the University of Tuzla for which they qualify. It's important to talk with the study abroad coordinator at UMSL about your interests and plans, and she will contact the University of Tuzla to see if they can accommodate you. The Academy of Drama (acting, production) is quite willing to accommodate UMSL students.Alternatively, if you have basic knowledge of Bosnian to follow the lectures, it may be possible to take exams and write papers in English.
Housing: Students can live in shared dormitory rooms (limited number) or find their own apartment in Tuzla.
Activities and Programs:
Location: In Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tuzla is also regarded as one of the most multicultural cites in the country .
International Office Website: http://gradina.untz.ba/vodic/admission.htm
Cost Estimates for 2013-14*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Books and course materials
|Mandatory HTH insurance
|Meals & Personal Expenses
Course Equivalencies: Each student is responsible for researching what courses are available to take and for obtaining an UMSL equivalent course. The UMSL equivalent course number is the course for which you will receive credit on your UMSL transcript. Finding courses to take while you are abroad requires some time and research. More information is on the course equivalency page.
Upon Acceptance: Students will be required to submit supplemental materials, purchase HTH insurance, and participate in a mandatory orientation. More information will be distributed to all accepted students.
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 12 undergraduate credit hours at the 2013/14 rate - 2014/15 tuition rate TBA April 2014. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Costs are based off a four month semester.
* Airline estimate based off of online search.
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.