If you are not an UMSL student and attend a MAUI institution, please visit the MAUI website.
INFORMATION BELOW IS VALID FOR UMSL STUDENTS ONLY
Location: Krakow, Poland, Europe
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program through the MAUI-Utrecht Network Exchange Consortium open to undergraduate and graduate students
Language of Instruction: English and/or Polish
UMSL Term Abroad: Academic Year, Spring, or fee-paying Summer
Approximate Dates Abroad:
Academic Year: October - Late June
Spring Semester: Late February - Late June
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline. Students interested in competitive locations should apply in January of the year academic year prior to term. For example, if you are interested in the Spring 2015, apply in January 2014. To better understand which campuses have a competitive number of spots available, see a Study Abroad coordinator.
UMSL Study Abroad Eligibility Requirements.
- TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
- Art History
- Biochemistry and Biotechnology (also available at graduate level)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- East Asian Studies
- English (also available at graduate level)
- Film Studies
- History (also available at graduate level)
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Relations
- Media Studies
- Political Science (also available at graduate level)
- Social Work
- TAUGHT IN POLISH
- Students with a high proficiency/native fluency may enroll directly in the regular university programs in nearly all fields
The University: Established in 1364 by Casimir III the Great in Kazimierz (now Krakow), it is the oldest university in Poland, the second oldest university in Central Europe and one of the oldest universities in the world. It was positioned by QS World University Rankings as the best Polish university among the world's top 500. The university has approximately 46,000 students.
Academics: UMSL students may enroll in the above listed courses.
Housing: You can either find private accommodation or apply for housing through the International Students Office of Jagiellonian University, who offers rooms in the university halls of residence. University halls of residence offer shared (double) rooms available in two dorms. All rooms have internet connectivity and there is a common kitchen and laundry. Please note housing is based on a first-come first-serve basis, therefore you should apply for student accomodation as soon as you are accepted to the programme.
Activities and Programs:
Location: Krakow, in the south of Poland, is the country’s second largest and oldest city. Due to it’s rich history, dating back to the 7th century, Krakow has been growing in popularity amongst European and Western tourists as an exciting place to visit. The rich history also showcases the varying styles of architecture that have developed over the years. There are over 1.3 million people living in the metro area.
International Office Website: http://www.bosz.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/przyjezdzajacy-studenci/inne-programy-wymiany/utrecht-network
Course Offerings: http://www.bosz.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/programy-studiow/programy-wymiany-studenckiej
Supplementary Polish Language Courses: http://www.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/web/sjikp
Cost Estimates for 2013-14*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Books and course materials
|Mandatory HTH insurance
|Meals & Personal Expenses
Course Equivalencies: Each student is responsible for researching what courses are available to take and for obtaining an UMSL equivalent course. The UMSL equivalent course number is the course for which you will receive credit on your UMSL transcript. Finding courses to take while you are abroad requires some time and research. More information is on the course equivalency page.
Upon Acceptance: Students will be required to submit supplemental materials, purchase HTH insurance, and participate in a mandatory orientation. More information will be distributed to all accepted students.
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 12 undergraduate credit hours at the 2013/14 rate - 2014/15 tuition rate TBA April 2014. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Costs are based off a five month semester.
* Airline estimate based off of online search.
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.
* Other includes optional Polish language course and insurance