Korea Summer University
Location: Seoul, South Korea, Asia
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program
Special Notes: Student pay UMSL tuition and not tuition to KU.
Special Notes: Opportunity for internships prior to the start of the summer term.
Language of Instruction: English and/or Korean
UMSL Term Abroad: Summer. Students can also participate on semester or year exchange at this institution.
Approximate or Known Dates Abroad:
July - Mid August
UMSL Eligibility Requirements.
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline
Subjects Available: (may change annually; see website for current offerings)
- Art History
- Business - Accounting
- Business - Business Administration
- Business - Finance
- Business - International Business
- Business - Management
- Business - Marketing
- Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Languages - Korean
- Media Studies
- Political Science
- Studio Art - Drawing
- Studio Art - Painting
Program: Korean University is one of the nation's oldest and most prestigious universities located in Seoul. The international summer campus provides an excellent opportunity for students to learn about Korea through academic and cultural immersion during the summer months. It offers one semester's load of work condensed into six weeks, during which renowned academics teach both domestic and international students. Students can take between 3-9 hours.
KU sponsors an opportunity for international students to live and work in a major corporate setting specific to Korea. Students have the opportunity to request for a recommendation from the company that they have interned for. This overseas work experience allows students to earn resume credentials and recommendations for their careers.
International Summer Campus Website: http://isc.korea.ac.kr/
Cost Estimates for 2013*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Tuition (3 undergraduate hour)
|Books and course materials
|Mandatory HTH insurance
|Meals & Personal Expenses
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 6 undergraduate credit hours at the 2013/14 rate - 2014/15 tuition rate TBA April 2014. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Airline estimate based off of online search.
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.
* Other includes airport pickup