Strasbourg French Language Program
University of Missouri-St. Louis Faculty-Led Program
Read about DeMarko's experience in Summer 2013.
Location: Strasbourg, France
Course: Six credit hours in French language: French 2199 (Special Topics: Language Immersion) and French 3271 (Intermediate Conversation)
Prerequisites: French 2101 or equivalent
Eligibility Requirements: UMSL Study Abroad Eligibility Requirements
Dates: July 5 - 25, 2015
Lodging available through the end of July at no extra cost. Students may wish to extend their time in Europe by arranging trips to other areas.
Professors: Elizabeth Landers and Sandy Trapani
Course Description: In July 2015 Languages and Cultures at the University of Missouri-St. Louis offers students a unique opportunity to study French in the crossroads of Europe: Strasbourg, France. Experience the rich cultural heritage and picturesque setting of this dynamic European city. The program will include language study, tours of major sites of interest, an excursion on the Alsatian Wine Route, and more.
|Tuition (6 credits, undergraduate)
|Personal Expenses (approx.)
Non-credit option: $1,680 instead of tuition
Program Fee Includes • course materials • international health insurance • accomodations
• excursions • selected meals
Not Included in the Fees • roundtrip airfare (estimated at $1300) • most meals and personal expenses (estimate $1000 depending on personal habits) • passport costs (You may apply for a passport in the Office of International Studies and Programs Passport Application Acceptance Facility on UMSL's campus.)
For Additional Information:
Sandra Trapani, Languages and Cultures (Trapani@umsl.edu 314-516-6247)
Elizabeth Landers, Languages and Cultures (email@example.com)
Nate Daugherty, Study Abroad Office (firstname.lastname@example.org 314-516-6497)
Application and Deposit Deadline: February 16, 2015
Acceptance Documents Deadline: TBA
Remaining Program Fee Deadline: TBA
Online Orientation Completion: TBA
Mandatory In Person Oriention: TBA
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Study Abroad Office. Forms are available online only.
1. UMSL Study Abroad Faculty Led Application Form
2. Non-refundable** $500 deposit (due at time of application)
3. Scholarship application and scholarship essay (UMSL students only)
4. Non-UMSL applicants are required to submit a $100 application fee. The application fee is separate from the program fee and is payable by check or money order to 'UMSL'.
5. Non-UMSL students must also submit a letter of recommendation and transcript.
Application and non-refundable deposit of $500 are due by February 16, 2015.
Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation:
Faculty-led program participants are required to complete the online study abroad orientation, which covers health and safety topics, culture shock, and much more. Participants may or may not have to attend an in-person orientation; you will be notified by the program coordinator via e-mail regarding the specific requirements for your program. Non-UM-St. Louis students residing in the St. Louis area are welcome to attend. Please notify the Study Abroad Office if you will be attending so that we may send you a parking permit and directions.
Important Information Regarding Fees and Registration:
There are two fees for faculty-led programs:Tuition/Technology Fee and Program Fee. Each fee must be paid separately.
1. Program fees must be paid by check or money order made payable to 'UMSL' and submitted to the Study Abroad Office. Credit cards are NOT accepted for program fees.
2. Tuition will be billed to your student account by the Cashier's Office after registration is complete. Non-UMSL credit participants will be notified via e-mail by the Study Abroad Office as to how they can make payments online or through the Cashier's Office.
Registration instructions will be sent to you via e-mail by the Study Abroad Coordinator. DO NOT TRY TO REGISTER WITHOUT RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM THE STUDY ABROAD OFFICE ABOUT THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR YOUR PROGRAM.
* UMSL reserves the right to revise the program fee if there are fluctuations in the exchange rate. Participants are responsible for any increase in rates.
**Deposit will be refunded only if you are not selected to participate in the program or the program is cancelled.