Location: Paris, France
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program open to undergraduate students
Special Notes: Students pay UMSL tuition plus a program fee. See cost information below.
Language of Instruction: English
Approximate or Known Dates Abroad:
Mid-June to Mid-July
June 23-July 19, 2014
UMSL Eligibility Requirements. This program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline
Program Description: Undergraduate exchange students will be able to take one of two course pairings, earning them 3 credit hours in: International Business and International Marketing or International Finance and Economic Intelligence & Strategy at the ESSCA Paris campus in Boulogne-Billancourt. Teaching will be carried out by the regular ESSCA research staff and adjunct professors with the possibility of guest speakers and outings. In addition to these visits, a welcome lunch and a farewell dinner will gather all participants together in a cordial atmosphere and allow them to interact with French students and learn about the French way of life.
The four-day week design will also enable participants to profit from Paris’ central geographic position to explore other parts of France (Normandy, Brittany, the Loire Valley castles, the Alps, the Riviera) and indeed—thanks to low-cost carriers—most of Western Europe.
ESSCA International Finance = UMSL FINANCE 3580 International Corporate Finance for 3 hours
ESSCA Economic Intelligence & Strategy = UMSL BUS AD 3198
Program Fee Includes:
- Course materials
- Housing in individual studio or shared (2-student) apartments in an international residence or an appropriate equivalent pending availability
- Weekly transport cards that can be used in Paris even on weekends
- Welcome lunch and farewell dinner
- Some guided tours
Accomodation: Housing will be in self-catering individual or shared (two-student) accommodations in or just outside of Paris with easy connections both to the ESSCA Campus as well as the Paris metro.
ESSCA Summer School Website: http://www.essca.fr/en/you-are/international-student/summer-programmes/paris/
Cost Estimates for 2014*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Books and course materials||$10|
|Mandatory HTH insurance||$35|
|Meals & Personal Expenses||$Program Fee+700|
|Local Transportation||$Program Fee|
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 6 undergraduate credit hours at the 2014/15 rate - 2015/16 tuition rate TBA in April. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Airline estimate based off of online search to and from Paris
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.
* ESSCA Program Fee for 2014