Location: Travelling Program to Angers, France; Brussel, Belgium; Paris, France
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program open to undergraduate and graduate students
Special Notes: Students pay UMSL tuition plus a program fee. See cost information below.
Language of Instruction: English
Approximate or Known Dates Abroad:
Mid-June to Mid-July
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline
Course Offerings: This is a six credit hour program. Students pay UMSL tuition and earn UMSL credit in the below two courses:
- Political Science 2510: The Politics of European Union (3 hours)
- Business Administration 3198: Business Administration Seminar (3 hours)
Program Description: The 4-week ANGERS SUMMER PROGRAM (ASP), taught entirely in English, offers a thorough understanding of how the European Union, and the delicately balanced cooperation between its member states, really functions. It also provides a first hand view into all the essential aspects of European business and its interactions with the United States and other regions of the globe. Students spend approximately 3 weeks in Angers, half a week in Brussels, and half a week in Paris.
Program Fee Includes:
- Housing in Angers, Brussels and Paris (provided in carefully selected hotels on a double-room basis).
- All breakfasts in Brussels and Paris. All lunches in Angers, Brussels and Paris (except when specified on all-day field trips).
- Transport Angers-Brussels and Brussels-Paris by high-speed train.
- Local transport in Angers, Brussels & Paris
- All field visits organised by ESSCA (incl. entrance fees & guide tours).
- Official farewell dinner in Paris
- Assistance by course director
- Access to PC, Internet and library on campuses in Angers and Paris.
ESSCA Summer School Website: http://www.essca.fr/en/you-are/international-student/summer-programmes/angers/
Cost Estimates for 2013*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Books and course materials||$10.00|
|Mandatory HTH insurance||$35.00|
|Meals & Personal Expenses||$Program Fee+700|
|Local Transportation||$Program Fee|
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 6 undergraduate credit hours at the 2013/14 rate - 2014/15 tuition rate TBA April 2014. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Airline estimate based off of online search to and from Paris
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.
* ESSCA Program Fee for 2013