Aarhus Summer University
Location: Aarhus, Denmark; Europe
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program open to undergraduate and graduate students
Special Notes: Student pay UMSL tuiton and earn UMSL credit.
Language of Instruction: English
UMSL Term Abroad: Summer. Students can also participate on semester or year exchange at this institution.
Approximate Dates Abroad: UMSL students may participate on any session, provided they return by the start of the UMSL Fall semester.
Session One: July
Session Two: Mid-July - Mid-August
UMSL Eligibility Requirements.
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline
Subjects Available: (may change annually; see website for current offerings)
- TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
- Art History
- Biochemisty & Biotechnology
- Business - Business Administration
- Business - Finance
- Business - International Business
- Business - Management
- Business - Marketing
- History - Museum Studies
- Media Studies
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science
- Public Policy Administration
- Studio Art - Photography
Program: Aarhus University is among the top 100 universities in the world. Founded in 1928 it has a long tradition of offering broad and internationally recognized research and education. AU Summer University welcomes Danish and international full-time students, exchange students and free movers. Class sizes range from 20-40 students. In 2012 more than 1200 Danish and international students decided to spend part of their summer taking specialized, intensive courses in Aarhus. In addition to academics, Aahus Summer University offers a variety of excursions.
Aarhus Summer University Website: http://www.au.dk/en/summeruniversity/ausummeruniversity/
Cost Estimates for 2013*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Books and course materials
|Mandatory HTH insurance
|Meals & Personal Expenses
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 3 undergraduate credit hours at the 2013/14 rate - 2014/15 tuition rate TBA April 2014. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Airline estimate based off of online search.
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.
* Housing is for one month.
* Other includes purchase of bicycle, taxi to and from airport.