About the Center
Overview of the Center
Center Faculty and Staff
Directions to the Center
Trauma Studies Training
Undergraduate Trauma Studies Certificate
Community Services Available
The Center for Trauma Recovery (CTR) is a multi-disciplinary center of the University of Missouri-St. Louis whose purpose is to foster Research, Graduate and Undergraduate Education, and Service (by way of a specialized Trauma Clinic) in the areas of trauma and victimization. CTR is also the home to the Sexual Assault Research and Education (SARE) Program.
The Center consists of faculty affiliates from six departments at the University who have research, teaching, or service interests in trauma-related topics. These individuals share a common set of goals. The Center offers a graduate and an undergraduate certificate in Trauma Studies. The CTR is housed in the Kathy J. Weinman Building which also contains the Weinman Child Advocacy Center that provides services to traumatized children.
The impact of traumatic stress has received increased attention by researchers and community service agencies over the past decade. However, the interaction between researchers, community agencies, and the populations they serve have been very limited nationally. Furthermore, training and education in the delivery of mental health services to traumatized populations
The overall objective of the Center is to facilitate university-community links with research, education, and service in the area of traumatic stress. The Center is more than a conceptual link; by being physically located together, researchers, clinicians
Long-Term Objectives of the Center are to:
- Expand trauma-related research.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication, teaching, and research efforts with fellowships.
- Establish a certification program for trauma counselors.
- Continue to develop a colloquium series with both campus and external scholars.
- Develop a specialty track for graduate clinical training in the area of trauma.
- Continue to develop the post-doctoral program for research and clinical training.
- Sponsor continuing education seminars and conferences for professionals.