Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology majors and minors, has an active chapter at the University of Missouri–St. Louis. Membership allows students opportunities to obtain unique experiences and skills to prepare for the transition to graduate school and/or the professional world of psychology and related disciplines. Among other activities, UMSL's Psi Chi chapter hosts an annual speaker series, promotes student research, sponsors graduate school information sessions, plans social events, and lets its members know about available research opportunities and undergraduate teaching assistant positions.
- Declared major or minor in psychology
- Completion of at least 3 college course credits (at least 12 at UMSL)
- Completion of at least 9 psychology course credits (at least 6 at UMSL)
- Overall UMSL GPA of 3.1 or higher
- UMSL psychology course GPA of 3.2 or higher
- For students who do not meet the minimum requirements, the Psychology Club offers many of the same benefits. Email UMSL's Psi Chi chapter for more information.
How to Apply
Join Psi Chi by filling out the online application using your UMSL email address. Please note our eligibility requirements differ slightly from the national requirements.
Applications are reviewed once each semester, around mid-October and early April. Upon notification of acceptance and submission of the one-time membership fee of $65, your membership is complete. You will be invited to participate in an (optional) induction ceremony in the Spring semester.