Information for Students
Responsibilities of a Research Participant
As a research participant, you have certain requirements and expectations.
- Use Sona systems to find projects in which to participate and follow instructions on the study posting for sign-up.
- Participate with informed consent and assurance of confidentiality unless otherwise stated.
- You are expected to show up for any projects that you agree to participate. Arrangements must be made prior to experimental session if you cannot keep your appointment.
- Please do not query course instructors about details of individual research projects.
- For some projects for which the researchers were granted prior Institutional Review Board approval, you will be contacted by the experimenter directly to participate.
- Once you have participated, be sure to fill out receipt form provided by experimenter.
- Please do not divulge the specific details of any experiment in which you have participated.
- If you were sent a confirmation email from the experimenter, please keep this email until after you have participated. It may contain valuable contact information.
- You will not always correspond with the experimenter directly. Some studies may be anonymous, such as a web-based survey, and this would not apply.
Please Note: In the event of a discrepancy such as failure to get credit, the experimenter canceled the session, and so on, please consult the grievance procedures document for instructions about what to do.