Summer AcademyThe Bridge Program Summer Academy is held from mid-June to mid-July for students in grades 9 and 10. The Summer Academy offers academic enrichment courses in mathematics, science, written and oral communication, career research, personal and professional development and college planning.
- Academic Skills Workshops Include Math, Science and Writing:
Students participate in critical thinking activities designed to enhance their ability to perform well on college entrance exams.
- Career Development Workshops:
Freshmen and sophomore students will be involved in structured career planning workshops developed to guide students through important key steps for career identification and effectively develop a focused career plan.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in grades 9th-10th.
- All applicants must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- All applicants must submit a completed application, recommendation letter and high school transcript.
- All applicants should be enrolled in or have completed Algebra.
- All participants must agree to meet attendance, performance and behavior requirements for successful completion of the Academy.
- All participants are expected to complete assigned tasks and fully participate in class activities to meet program requirements.
Please note: Students who participated in previous program components must reapply for consideration.
Summer Academy Sessions
The Summer Academy will begin Monday, June 17, 2013 and concludes Friday,
July 12, 2013. Classes will meet Monday through Friday from
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Classes, workshops and laboratory activities will take place on the campus of the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
The following documents must be submitted to the Bridge Program Office to meet the below program deadline date:
- Application Deadline
- Friday, May 24, 2013
- Bridge Program Online Application completed online by the student. Please complete all sections of the online application form.
- Recommendation Letter completed by your high school counselor, administrator or
instructor and submit to the Bridge Program Office.
(Note: This is not a requirement for returning Bridge participants.)
- High School Transcript
please note: it is not necessary to wait for last semester grades to submit your student’s transcript. Please forward a copy of your student’s current second semester transcript that is inclusive of their cumulative grade point average.
Summer Academy Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, May 24, 2013:
- Friday, May 31, 2013:
Final Acceptance Notification
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013:
9th & 10th Grade Summer Academy Kickoff Orientation
- Monday, June 17, 2013:
Summer Academy session begins
- Friday, July 12, 2013:
Award Recognition Ceremony