Saturday Academy Program
The Bridge Program Saturday Academy is held the first two Saturdays of each month, from October through March. The academy provides an intensive 11-Saturday program for students in grades 9 through 12. You will be immersed in mathematics, science, written and oral communication, career research, personal and professional development and college planning.
- Academic Skills Workshops include Math, Science and Writing:Students participate in critical thinking activities designed to enhance their ability to perform well on college entrance exams.
- Career Development and College Planning Workshops: Freshmen and sophomore students will be involved in structured career planning workshops developed to guide students through important key steps for career identification and effectively develop a focused career plan. All junior and senior students will be engaged in workshops structured to assist with the overall college admissions, financial aid and scholarship research process.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in grades 9th-12th.
- All applicants must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- All applicants must submit a completed application, recommendation letter and middle school final grade report or high school transcript.
- All applicants should be enrolled in or have completed Algebra.
- All senior participants must meet with Bridge staff at least once during the Saturday Academy.
- All participants must agree to meet attendance, performance and behavior requirements.
- All participants are expected to complete assigned tasks and fully participate in class activities to meet program requirements.
Please note: Students who participated in previous program components must reapply for consideration.
Saturday Academy Sessions
The 2013-2014 Saturday Academy will be held on the first and second Saturday of each month from October 5, 2013 through March 8, 2014. All activities will be held on scheduled Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the University of Missouri-St. Louis campus in various laboratories and academic classrooms.
The following documents must be submitted to the Bridge Program Office to meet the below program deadline date:
- Final Application Deadline
- Friday, September 13, 2013
- Bridge Program Online Application completed online by the student. Please complete all sections of the online application form.
- Recommendation Letter completed by your high school counselor, administrator or instructor and submit to the Bridge Program Office.
(Note: This is not a requirement for returning Bridge participants.)
- High School Transcript (All 9th grade students are required to submit a copy of their 8th grade report card.)
Saturday Academy Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, September 13, 2013:
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Monday, September 16, 2013:
Final Acceptance Notification
- Saturday, September 28, 2013:
Saturday Academy Kickoff Orientation
- Saturday, October 5, 2013:
Saturday Academy session begins
- Saturday, March 8, 2014:
Award Recognition Ceremony
Program Meeting Dates
- October 5, 2013
- October 12, 2013
- November 2, 2013
- November 9, 2013
- December 7, 2013
- December 14, 2013
- January 11, 2014
- February 1, 2014
- February 8, 2014
- March 1, 2014
- March 8, 2014