- Candidates must apply for admission and have all requisite documentation for admission sent to the UMSL Office of Undergraduate Admission by December 15, 2017.
- Candidates must be graduates of high schools in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
Missouri Counties: Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Francois, St. Louis, St. Louis City, Warren, and Washington
Illinois Counties: Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, and St. Clair
- Candidates must be current high school seniors who will be starting college full time in the Fall Semester 2018.
- Recipients must meet 2 of the 3 following requirements by December 15, 2017:
- Rank in top 10% of high school class
- Have earned a 3.5 cumulative grade point average
- Have a composite score of 26 or higher on the ACT (or SAT equivalent)
- Recipients should demonstrate involvement and potential for leadership through extracurricular activities or community service.
- Preference will be given to first-generation college students and/or underrepresented students.
- The online application must be submitted by December 24, 2017.
- Recommendations are required from two (2) school officials familiar with the student’s academic performance and involvement in school and community service. Recommendations must be submitted by January 7, 2018. Recommendations are requested through the application. Students will need the name and email address of the recommending individual to request the recommendations. Applicants should consult with these individuals prior to submitting their names in the application. Applicants should also follow up with their references to ensure they received the request and understand the need to complete the reference.
- Students must submit a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 1, 2018. UMSL’s Federal School Code is 002519.
- Based on the information provided in the application and on the recommendations received, the top candidates will be selected for on-campus interviews to be held on February 17, 2018.
The Opportunity Scholars Committee will make its final selections by March 17, 2018.