Welcome to UMSL!
The Office of New Student Programs (NSP) provides ongoing programs and services that support new students and families in transition to University of Missouri – St. Louis.
We provide a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere, connect students to University resources and people, acquaint new students with institutional expectations and values, promote learning and discovery both inside and outside of the classroom, and foster pride in the UMSL community.
New Student Experience
It’s your first year at the Universityof Missouri-St. Louis, and you want to succeed! New Student Programs was designed to help you excel in the classroom and adjust to life as a Triton whether you're a first year, transfer, veteran, student who is a parent, or international student. Challenges? Fears? Obstacles? NSP provides you with the resources and support to overcome these barriers to success.
The FYI on NSP
- Your first part of this journey is participating in an Orientation experience. New Student Orientation (NSO) is for incoming freshman may choose from eight, one-day sessions offered in June-August, and January who start in the spring. NSO is mandatory for all incoming first-time college students. Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) is for transfers and non-traditional students with 30 academic hours or more to participate in attending half day sessions in May-August, and January. International Student Orientation attend a three-day orientation program in August.
- Triton Take-Off Weekend. This is the first weekend before you begin classes on Monday. Triton Take-Off Weekend is our three-day orientation program that includes UMSL traditions, social events, and academic departmental welcomes. Students will be greeted and assigned a Welcome Crew Leader who will lead them through the weekend events and get them prepared for an exciting and relaxed first day of classes.
- Weeks of Welcome (WOW) is the University's organized welcome back schedule of events held during the first six weeks of classes. WOW is jam-packed with fun social and educational programs that will help introduce you to other students and to the campus. It all begins on Sunday the day before classes begin at the WOW Kickoff/Welcome Back Picnic.
- Weeks of Welcome (WOW) Adventures get out, get connected, and get to know your new home away from home! WOW Adventures provide you with a great opportunity to continue meeting new people, to continue getting to know your new community, and to continue having fun! There is a trip around the STL area available for every college student's budget, so check it out and choose your adventure!
- First Year Experience Courses is a one-credit hour coures for all first year students designed to emphasize the skills and knowledge that you will need to succeed in your transition to collegiate life. Current student peer mentors assist with the course and lead you in small group discussions, projects, and events through your first semester at UMSL.
- Triton Connections including various newsletters, Triton Experience Blog, network groups including Students Who Are Parents (SWAP), transfer connect, and many more.
- Tritonsync is your online link to UMSL, fun, getting involved, student organizations, and more. Make sure to stay connected after creating your Tritonsync account at Orientation.
- Living in the Residence Halls? Take advantage of the Learning Communities, where you can meet friends with similar academic interests, get to know your peer mentors who can provide academic support to your floor, and take classes with floor-mates in a structured learning group.
- FYE also provides a variety of programs and events throughout the year to support transition to college life, including Family Weekend Orientation Reunion, Major Minor Jam, One is Done Celebration, Student Leadership positions, and much more!
NSP Programs-Click Logo for More Information
Office of New Student Programs | Division of Student Affairs | Email: email@example.com | Office: 314-516-5291