Learning about life as a Triton doesn’t stop when school starts. Triton Challenge is our campus-wide comprehensive list of events that provides UMSL first-year students the opportunity to continue meeting other students, connecting with campus resources, and getting to know the University, all while having a ton of fun!
These workshops will help you:
- Develop confidence and competence as a university student
- Establish positive connections with faculty, staff, and classmates
- understand the impact of your personal choices
- engage in behaviors that promote your personal health and well-being
- recognize yourself as a member of a diverse campus community
During the first six weeks, we challenge all new students to complete at least eight events around campus. These events highlighted will allow you to swipe at these events to upload and tally your attendance. If you complete eight events, (2) events from each category, you will be eligible for prizes that will be given out at our Mid-Semester Extravaganza event.
Throughout the weeks of welcome booklet you will notice color logos that represent the following categories:
Green: Social and Traditions:Campus Traditional Programming
Red: Personal Development: Health and Wellness, Career, Financial Literacy
Orange: Diversity, Community and Service