Skip to main content

Eating on Campus


Eating on campus will be an integral part of your life at UMSL. Campus Dining locations can be found all around campus with more popping up every year. And there are lots of options when it comes to meal plans, too, so you can make the choice that best fits your needs.
For more information, visit
***Please note we no longer have Jamba Juice on our campus.***
Eating on Campus


If you will be living in a campus residence hall (Oak Hall or Villa Hall), you already chose one of our residential meal plans when you applied for housing. If you are a commuter or will live in a campus apartment, UMSL offers a variety of supplemental meal plans.

Residential Meal Plans come with two dining parts - meal blocks for all-you-care-to-eat meals at the Provincial House Dining Hall and Declining Balance for any Sodexo operated location on campus including Jamba Juice, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Pizza Hut, and more!

Click here to keep reading for more information about specific meal plans.


What are Declining Balance Dollars?

Along with access to the resident dining hall, each meal plan comes with declining balance that can be used at any on-campus Sodexo operated dining location. These locations include: The Nosh (including Far East Fusion stir fry and sushi, WOW Café & Wingery, Pizza Hut, the Daily Dish special bar, Stacks Gourmet Deli, and Soup & Salad Bars), Café TJ, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Triton Treats, Jamba Juice, Southside Café, and the Oak Hall C-Store.

Declining balance makes your TritonCard work like a debit card. When purchasing food, present your TritonCard to the cashier and let them know you want to use declining balance. They will swipe your card and deduct your purchase.

Students can add to their declining balance account as needed throughout the year at any Sodexo campus dining location or online at A credit card is required to purchase these. Residential students may request additional declining balance dollars through the Office of Residential Life & Housing, C103 Provincial House. 

You can check your declining balance account at at any time.

Unused declining balance dollars from your residential meal plan carry over from Fall to Spring but expire at the end of the Spring semester. These will expire on June 30th of each year. If you have Sodexo Dining Dollars, these don’t expire until you aren’t active on campus for a full year.


The Red and Gold Meal Plan is designed for on-the-go commuter students. It's a Declining Balance meal plan available in four purchase levels (see below). You can get it by charging to your UMSL student account. There is a 15% administrative fee that goes toward university operations. Purchase forms are available online at Please contact the Student Affairs Business Center at 314-516-6685, or 180 MSC, with any questions. You will need your TritonCard to purchase. Declining Balance dollars are added to your TritonCard and work similar to a debit card. The cost of what you purchase will be deducted from your Declining Balance account as you use it.

For more information, visit