Our Parent and Family Orientation is designed to help families assist their student in developing expectations, academic pathways, and easing the transition to the university. The program is held during the New Student Orientation program, but it is separate from the student program.
The Parent and Family Orientation provides parents and guests with information and resources designed specifically for them. The parent and guest sessions include financial aid, housing, coping with the college transition, campus safety, and much more. There is even an optional campus tour so parents and guests can see what being a student at UMSL is all about.
To Sign Up for Parent & Guest Orientation
On the online registration page, there is an option for students to tell us how many guests they are bringing.
Thanks for trusting your student in our care!
Contact New Student Programs (314-516-5291) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent & Family Orientation: What To Expect
- LEARN about the educational opportunities available to your student.
- MEET your student's academic representative.
- ENGAGE in an overview of campus life.
- DISCUSS timely topics with campus representatives.
- MEET and share questions and concerns with other family members.
- BROWSE throught the Resource Expo offering a myriad of opportunities around campus.
Parent and Family Scheduled Events:
- Letters From Home- Family members will have an opportunity to write a letter to their student that will be delievered during their first week of school.
- Campus Walk-Participants will enjoy a walking tour of north campus.
- Parent & Family Reception- Family members will gain an overview of bookstore essentials including textbooks, apparel and triton technology. UMSL Student Affairs senior administrators will be present to meet new UMSL parents and family members.
- Sign up for Parent/Family E-Newsletter