First Year Parents and Families
We know the transition to college can be difficult, so to make it easier we have provided a checklist to help new parents and families get ready and know what’s going on at the University of Missouri-St. Louis!
New Parent and Family Checklist:
- Register for New Student Orientation and attend the separate Parent and Family Orientation
- Make a campus or hotel reservation for your stay during Parent and Family Orientation
- Brainstorm a list of questions to ask at Orientation
- Contact the New Student Programs office if you have any special accommodations during Orientation (email@example.com)
- Help your student complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.edu.gov)
- Sign up to receive Parent and Family Programs E-Newsletters (Coming Soon)
- Talk to your student about expectations and other big issues.
Make sure to include:
- Time management
- Social involvement
- Safety and travel
- Alcohol and drugs
- Explore the Parent and Family Programs website to learn about events like Family Weekend
Click Here for New Parent and Family Resources
Call or e-mail us with any questions you may have! Phone at 314-516-5291 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.