Media Relations/Primary Content Team
Effective communication and meaningful relationships are the results of careful planning, creativity and hard work. As storytellers and strategists, the public relations team at the University of Missouri–St. Louis connects the university with its audiences and stakeholders.
Our team touts UMSL's exceptional people and programs, and we do that in a number of ways, including:
- Report, write and distribute information to the news media.
- Help the news media find UMSL faculty, staff or students to discuss the news of the day.
- Create and post news and information to UMSL Daily, UMSL newsroom, and UMSL Daily and Monthly email newsletters.
- Create and post content to UMSL's social media channels.
- Report and write stories for UMSL Magazine, the university's biannual print publication.
- Create stories and content for various other publications and websites.
- Survey our audiences and conduct other research.
- Plan and execute communication projects.
Help Us Help You
Our team assists campus units and individuals obtain news media coverage for UMSL and share stories through university publications. We focus on our outstanding students and faculty and exceptional academic programs. Examples include Fulbright grant winners, new degree tracks or certificate programs, groundbreaking research, major gifts to the university and high-achieving students and alumni.
There are two important favors we ask of our UMSL co-workers:
- If you know about something (big or small), that may be newsworthy, let us know by emailing email@example.com. Or, you'll find contact information for each team member in the right navigation by clicking the link on his or her name.
- It's never too early to notify us about something that may be newsworthy. Two months will always work, but two days might not. In general, notifying us with two to four weeks of notice works best.