How to Apply
Online & Evening Programs
Funding Graduate School
IRL @ UMSL
Oral Defense Announcements
Frequently Asked Questions
Graduate Research Fair
Three Minute Thesis
Open Student Meetings
Grad Studies Info Session
Dual Degree 2+3
Life Long Learner
Graduate Faculty Members
Graduate Program Directors
About the Graduate School
Are you a recent UMSL Bachelor’s degree graduate who is thinking about going back for a Master’s degree? Now is the time! The Graduate School is providing $500.00 “I Chose UMSL” awards to selected UMSL graduates who return to pursue their first Master’s degree.
About the I Chose UMSL Award
The 'I Chose UMSL' award program began in Fall 2014. About 30 scholarships were awarded to students who had received their Bachelor’s degree from UMSL within the last year. Eligibility for these awards was expanded to students having received an UMSL Bachelor’s degree within the past 5 years. The Graduate School expects to award about 50 scholarships each semester.
Qualifications for an Award
- Must have received a bachelor’s degree from UMSL during the last five years (graduating seniors are eligible).
- Must apply to a master’s degree program at UMSL.
- Must have a UMSL undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Must be recommended by the Graduate Program Director of the master’s program to which you are applying.
Each recipient will receive a one-time $500 award upon enrollment in a Master’s program at UMSL.
Students must be recommended for an award by the Graduate Program Director for the degree program to which they are applying.
Applying for an award
- Contact the appropriate Graduate Program Director and request that they submit an I Chose UMSL Award Application for you.
- Complete the normal on-line application to a Master’s Program at UMSL. Click here for information on how to apply.
Students selected for an award will be notified by the Graduate School within approximately two weeks of receipt of application.