What can I do with a PPA degree?
Master of Public Policy Administration
How to Apply
Pi Alpha Alpha
Robert J. Baer Endowed Fellowship in Public Policy Administration
How to Apply
Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program
Local Government Management
Focus on Public Policy & Administration
Policy and Program Evaluation
How to apply
Faculty and Staff
News and Events
Chancellor's Certificate in Planning & Zoning
Fundamentals of Economic Development
Read the latest news and highlights from Public Policy Administration!
Workshop: Successful Grant Writing, Nov. 2
PPA Prof. Anne Winkler's book "The Economics of Women, Men, and Work" is now in its 8th edition.
See the photos from the PPA 2017 Graduation Reception!
See photos from the PPA 2016 Fall Reception!
Student and alumni achievements
- MPPA 2011 graduate Lovey Davis received a promotion from a Legal Investigator I to Legal Investigator II Supervisor in the City of St. Louis Law Department. She is a Board Member of Walnut Park West Improvement Association and is a Board Member and Victim Advocate of the Neighborhood Organization Model (NOM). She also sits on the City of St. Louis Accident Review and Safety Committees. “I have recently been asked to return to my Alma Mater of Charles Sumner High School to address the 9th Grade Academy for their Black History and Women's Month Program!” she said.
- MPPA and NPML 2007 graduate Tim DeGhelder celebrated 20 years of service with the St. Charles City-County Library District.
- NPML 2016 graduate Jennifer Meyers was promoted in November to full-time Communications Coordinator at Peter & Paul Community Services. She was hired there in June 2016 as a Development Associate. In her new position she maintains donor and volunteer correspondence through newsletters, e-blasts, and appeals, implements marketing strategies, keeps the organization’s social media engaging and up-to-date, and ensures accurate recording of all philanthropic gifts.
- MPPA and NPML 2006, and LGM 2009 graduate Lawrence Miskel was hired in the fall as Human Resource Generalist at Urban Strategies, Inc. He also was elected in Sept. 2016 as Treasurer of the Greater St. Louis International Public Management Association for Human Resources.
- MPPA and LGM 2015, and NPML 2012 graduate Don Stolberg was promoted in October to the Management Analyst for the Director of Administration at the City of St. Charles.
- NPML 2006 graduate Kristina Turk is now teaching in the Social Work Education Department at Fresno State University in Fresno California. She teaches Gerontology 100, Images of Aging in Society. She also continues to teach at Salem State University in Salem, Mass. in the Psychology Department. She teaches Cognitive Psychology, Introduction to Psychology, Adulthood and Old Age, and Biological Psychology. She teaches all of the courses online, and also plans to finish her Ph.D. in Gerontology later this year.
- MPPA 1998 graduate Robbyn Wahby received the UMSL Distinguished Alumni Award in Fall of 2016.
- MPPA 2010 graduate Mick Willis is in a new position. He is now Chief Financial Officer for Peoria Public Schools in Peoria, Illinois. The district has a $225 million budget, 14,000 students and over 2,000 employees.
- MPPA and NPML 2004 graduate Dana Woods took a position as Grant Writer for Edwards Center, Inc., in metro Portland, Oregon. “Great position! It suits me,” she said. “I am also a volunteer with an offshoot of World Vision--Women of Vision. They are very active with Syrian Refugees, Sex Trafficking in Bangladesh and Water relief efforts throughout Africa.”