The Local Government Management and Leadership Partnership
is a collaborative effort between University of Missouri-St. Louis Public
Policy Administration, University Outreach and Extension, and East-West
Gateway Coordinating Council. The partnership was founded with the goal
of expanding opportunities and services available to municipalities by
leveraging the resources available from the three founding organizations.
The local government partnership is intended to create a resource in the
Saint Louis region and statewide through which senior local government
officials can access quality information, assistance, and training that
will enhance the capacity of their municipalities to address and respond
to existing and emerging constituent and governmental needs.
Our Mission: To provide outreach, training,
technical assistance, and information to senior municipal officials in
the Saint Louis region and statewide.
Who We Serve:
- City Managers/City Administrators
- Members of City Councils and Boards of Aldermen
- Municipal Elected Officials
- Senior Municipal Program/Department Directors
- Short courses and workshops on different topics
- Customized training for specific municipalities.
- Distance learning opportunities.
- A Leadership School for Public Managers.
- A for-Credit summer class for MPPA Students
- Municipalities assistance identifying and utilizing
resources to help them solve problems and achieve their goals.
- Professional Services on a fee for service basis.
- Assistance to projects related to local government.
- Collaboration with our funding organizations on various
- Opportunities for collaboration with regional organizations.
- Effective working relationships with potential partners,
agencies, associations, and programs.
Disseminate information to stakeholders:
- Create and maintain new, effective, and targeted avenues
for distribution of information pertinent to local governments.
- Transmit information through our website, email, and
- Provide a vehicle for information sharing among municipalities.
Julianne Stone, Director
How to Reach Us:
Julianne Stone, Director
Local Government Programs
One University Boulevard, 605 Tower
St. Louis, MO 63121
East-West Gateway office:
One Memorial Dr. Suite 1600,
St. Louis, MO 63102
Phone: 314-421-4220, 618-274-2750
resources for local government (developed by the Local Government
and Leadership Partnership).
St. Louis Area City Managers'
Resources for city managers (developed by the Local Government and