Research and findings of nutritional values that will increase longevity prospects, prevent and even cure degenerative ocular disease.
April 5 & 6, 2014 - 12 hrs COPE/CEE
9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Saturday 6 hrs, Sunday 6 hrs)
JCPenney Conference Center, North Campus, UMSL
(Lunch and continental breakfast each day)
Program Schedule | Hotel Information
Program Coordinator: Stuart Richer, OD, PhD
|Stuart Richer, OD, PhD
Director, Ocular Preventative Medicine
Lovell Federal Health Care Center
|Elizabeth J. Johnson, PhD (Nutritional Science)
USDA Human Eye Disease Prevention Center-Tufts University
"Role of Carotenoids in Eye Disease Prevention"
|Ann Hoscheit, OD, FAAO
"Application of Nutrition and the Eye in the Optometric Practice"
|Jeffry D. Gerson, OD, FAAO / Stuart Richer, OD, PhD, FAAO
"The Impact of Genetics on Nutrition in AMD"
The Nutrition and the Eye Symposium attendees can make reservations for the Drury Inn St. Louis Airport, April 4-6 (Friday-Monday).
- Special hotel rates have been secured at the Drury Inn ($92.99 + tax) and is located at St. Louis's Lambert International Airport about 4 miles from UMSL's campus
- The Drury Inn St. Louis Airport will provide free shuttle service to and from the airport and hotel. The hotel will also transport conference participants to and from the hotel and UMSL at the beginning and end of each day's symposium. A hot breakfast buffet and Happy Hour Kickback with hot food and cold beverages are complimentary.
To make a reservation at the Drury Inn St. Louis Airport (10490 Natural Bridge Rod, St. Louis, MO 63134) Please choose one of the two methods below:
- Individual reservations can be made online
- Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and referring to group number 2204876. The rate is $92.99 + tax for single-quad occupancy
- Reservations made after Tuesday, March 4, 2014 will be provided on a space-available basis at the same reduced rate.
- Hotel check-in is after 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival. Hotel checkout is before 11:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
- Individual pays own bill upon arrival at hotel.