Before beginning the application process, please read the following information in its entirety. Application links are below.
All applicants to UMSL's College of Nursing should be aware of the minimum admission criteria and application deadlines for the program(s) for which they are applying. Please click on the appropriate link below to find detailed information on admission criteria and deadlines for a specific program.Undergraduate Program Information links:
All applicants to the nursing programs must first complete an application for admission to the University. In addition to applying for admission to the university, all students must submit a separate application to the College of Nursing.
Freshmen or Pre-Clinical Transfer Students Seeking Admission
- If you are currently seeking admission to UMSL as a freshman or pre-clinical transfer student, you do not need to submit any additional application materials to the College of Nursing at this time. For now, you need only to apply to the university by going to the website for the Office of Admissions and following the instructions listed on that page. You will submit your clinical application at a later date, generally during your last semester of general education coursework. You and your Academic Advisor will work together to determine when you will need to submit this application.
Students Seeking Clinical Admission (within 1-2 semesters of completing GE coursework)
- If you are seeking clinical admission to one of our Prelicensure BSN Options (i.e. Traditional Full-Time, Traditional Part-Time or Accelerated), and are within 1-2 semesters of completing your general education coursework, you must submit a separate clinical application to the College of Nursing via the "Online Application Site" link below.
Students Seeking RN to BSN Program Admission
- If you are seeking admission to our RN to BSN Option, you must submit a separate supplemental application to the College of Nursing.
- RNs employed by BJC, Mercy and SSM are asked to submit their supplemental applications here.
- All others must submit their application via the "Online Application Site" link below.
Students Seeking Graduate Admission
- If you are seeking admission to our MSN Program or our DNP Program, you must submit a separate supplemental application to the College of Nursing via the "Online Application Site" link below. A list of additional required application materials for each of these programs can also be accessed via the Online Application Site.
- If you are seeking admission to our PhD Program, you must apply via this link: https://portal.nursingcas.org.
Please note that spaces are limited in each of the above-listed programs, and admission is competitive for most programs. Submission of an application to any program in the College of Nursing does not guarantee admission. If you wish to speak with our Admissions Representative or one of our Academic Advisors to learn more about the competitive nature of admission into UMSL's nursing programs, please call the Office of Student Services at 314-516-6066 or send an email to email@example.com.
As per the instructions above, your clinical/supplemental application to the College of Nursing must be submitted online, via our
Late applications will not be considered unless otherwise noted on the application.
Please note that we do not accept clinical/supplemental applications more than one year in advance. It is generally recommended that students submit their application approximately four to six weeks prior to the appropriate deadline. If you do not see your desired starting semester/year listed on the application, do not submit your application yet; simply check back at a later date to see if it is available. The applications are generally made available about six months to a year in advance.
For specific questions regarding the application process, and your application in particular, please contact the Office of Student Services at 314-516-6066 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.