First-time freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 24 transferable college credit hours may qualify for a guaranteed clinical space in the Traditional Full-Time Option. In order to qualify, students must meet the following criteria:
- Admissible to UMSL (the university's admission criteria for freshman can be found by clicking here)
- Minimum 2.9 core high school GPA (as calculated by UMSL's Office of Admissions)
- Minimum ACT score of 22
In order to keep their guaranteed clinical space, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain full-time enrollment at UMSL during Fall and Spring semesters
- Earn a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.75 (GPA is calculated on all attempts of all transferable undergraduate courses—excluding pluses and minuses—combined with all attempts of all UMSL courses)
- Earn a minimum science GPA of 2.75 (GPA is calculated on first attempts only of Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II and Microbiology—excluding pluses and minuses)
Students who do not maintain the above-listed criteria upon admission to UMSL will forfeit their guaranteed clinical space.
Students who do meet and maintain these criteria will not have to submit a separate clinical application to the College of Nursing; they will automatically be admitted to the clinical track of the Traditional Full-Time Option upon completion of their general education coursework.