About the College
Message from the Dean
Our Faculty and Staff
Pre-Licensure BSN Programs
RN to BSN Program
Post MSN Certificates
Scholarships and Loans
Student Nursing Organizations
Alumni and Friends
Giving to the College
Clinical Faculty Research Interests
Grant Services and Resources
Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty Research
First-time freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 24 transferable college credit hours may qualify for a guaranteed clinical space in the Traditional Full-Time Option. In order to qualify, students must meet the following criteria:
- Admissible to UMSL (the university's admission criteria for freshman can be found by clicking here)
- Minimum 2.9 core high school GPA (as calculated by UMSL's Office of Admissions)
- Minimum ACT score of 22
In order to keep their guaranteed clinical space, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain full-time enrollment at UMSL during Fall and Spring semesters
- Earn a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.75 (GPA is calculated on all attempts of all transferable undergraduate courses—excluding pluses and minuses—combined with all attempts of all UMSL courses)
- Earn a minimum science GPA of 2.75 (GPA is calculated on first attempts only of Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II and Microbiology—excluding pluses and minuses)
Students who do not maintain the above-listed criteria upon admission to UMSL will forfeit their guaranteed clinical space.
Students who do meet and maintain these criteria will not have to submit a separate clinical application to the College of Nursing; they will automatically be admitted to the clinical track of the Traditional Full-Time Option upon completion of their general education coursework.
Note: Admission criteria are subject to change.