College of Nursing Scholarships
To be considered for a variety of need and merit based endowed nursing scholarships, nursing students should complete the general scholarship application each year. Students must meet the following minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Junior/senior standing in the nursing clinical program or graduate student
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). For more information on completing the FAFSA, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 314-516-5526 or at http://www.umsl.edu/services/finaid/
To apply for the nursing scholarships:
Submit the general scholarship application to the Office of Student Services in the College of Nursing by March 31st
Please note that students must complete a scholarship application annually in order to be considered. Students will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
For more information about University scholarships, please visit the Office of Financial Aid and the Office of Transfer Services
Missouri Nurses Foundation 2013 Scholarship, Expires March 18, 2013
Susan K. Goddard St. Louis Children's Hospital Scholarship, Expires March 22, 2013
Missouri Nurses Association (MONA) scholarship, Expires March 31, 2013
Florissant Elks Ladies Scholarship, Expires March 31, 2013
HCA Corris Boyd Scholarship, Expires May 3, 2013
Betty Jean Kerr Scholarship, Expires May 31,2013
Advance Practice Nurses of the Ozarks (APNO) scholarship, Expires August 31,2013
Visiting Nurse Foundation Ursula Johnson-Bracy 2012 Scholarship, Expired
March of Dimes scholarship for graduate Nursing students, Expired
Mound City Medical Forum Minority Nursing Students Scholarship, Expired
Advanced Practice Nurses of the Ozarks Scholarship, Expired
Socratic Professional Nurses Scholarship Award, Expired
St. Louis Children's Hospital Susan K. Goddard Nursing Scholarship, Expired
Cherokee "A Nurse I Am" Scholarship, Expired
Dr. Willard C. Scrivner Public Health Foundation scholarship for graduate students, Expired
AANP Foundation Scholarship and Grant Program, Expired
Scholarship funds designed to support students may be available through CampusRN.com.
Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships, & Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN.
CampusRN has $15,000 in Scholarships Available to Nursing and Allied Health Students.
AACN and AfterCollege award two (2) $2500 scholarships every quarter to students who are seeking baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degrees in nursing. You may view prior winners, eligibility requirements and access the application here
Senior COSTEP Scholarship
Please click here to view the flyer
Tenet Future Nurses Program
This program will pay up to $5,000 a semester for tuition, books, fees, etc.
- We are looking for nursing students who have a strong dedication to provide service of excellence to our patients, physicians and fellow employees!
- Funds received while you are in school
- 2.5 GPA is required
- Two recommendations from your clinical instructors
- Amount of assistance is determined by your nursing degree
- Accelerated students receive 3 semesters of assistance
- BSN students receive assistance for their Junior and Senior Year
- Associate students receive assistance their last two semesters
- Diploma students at Lutheran School of Nursing receive three semesters of assistance.
- Upon graduation of nursing school, you are committed to one year of employment with your Tenet Facility for each semester you received assistance.
- Upon employment you participate in our 6% staff RN Retention Bonus Program, which rewards you with a cash payout every year!
Tenet Loan Repayment Program
Tenet will make your loan payment on your Nursing school loans up to $400.00 a month.
- Payment is for specific positions, including staff nurse
- Payments begin after your orientation period and continue until the loan is paid or you are promoted to a position not covered by the program
For detailed information call Nicole Cooper at 314-268-7789 or email
Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis Scholarship, Expired
Betty Jean Kerr Scholarship Foundation scholarship, Expired
Note 1: Please use the following address: http://www.bjkscholarship.com
Note 2: Applies only to undergraduate, pre-licensure students
Advance Practice Nurses of the Ozarks graduate scholarship, Expired
Army Nurse Corps Association Nursing Scholarship Program, Expired
RWJF New Careers in Nursing Scholarship, Expired
HRSA Nursing Scholarship Program, Expired
Jefferson County Association of School Nurses Scholarship, Expired
The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis Interest-Free Loan Program
Applications may be picked up in Student Services or by going to www.sfstl.org.
Health Professional Nursing Student Loans
Professional and Practical Nursing Student Loans provide finalcial aid to students pursuing careers as licensed practical nurses or professional nurses in underserved areas of Missouri. The financial aid provided to nursing students consists of loans for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate training that may be forgiven, or written off, in exchange for service in an underserved area.
Additional Helpful Resources
American Association of Colleges of Nursing