Dr. Jean Bachman is a National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health Post-doctoral fellow who is developing a state-wide computer health information resource to positively impact school nursing and health of Missouri school children. Additionally, she is working with the Missouri Department of Health, Missouri School Nurses, a chronic disease coalition in a partnership with UMSL to train school nurses online to managed children with diabetes in the school setting. She is interested in determining the impact of the training for children with diabetes, their families, school personnel, and primary care providers.
- Nursing Health Care Systems
- Nursing Informatics
- Nurse Educator
- BSN: University of San Francisco
- MSN: Medical College of Georgia
- DSN: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Post-Doctoral: M.S. Health Informatics University of Missouri-Columbia
- Nursing Informatics
- School Health
- Informatics training to impact health of school children. National Library of Medicine U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Public Health Services, Individual National Research Service Award. $130,000
- A multi-campus effort to enhance nursing programs using multimedia technology, phase 3. University of Missouri System. $50,450 Bachman, J.A., McDaniel, R., Lacey-Haun, L.
- A multi-campus effort to enhance nursing programs using multimedia technology, phase 2. University of Missouri System. $20,000 Bachman, J.A., McDaniel, R., Lacey-Haun, L
- A multi-campus effort to enhance nursing programs using multimedia technology, phase 1. University of Missouri System. $125,000. Bachman, J.A., McDaniel, R., Lacey-Haun, L.
- Enhancing outreach programs using multimedia technology. University of Missouri-System. $106,165, Bachman, J.A. & Panzarine, S.
- Enabling rural nurses to use information technology. University of Missouri Institute for Instructional Development. $27,382, Bachman, J.A. & Panzarine, S.
- Research into the effective use of multimedia and other technology in nursing education. Information Technology Grant provided by Southwestern Bell Cooperation provided for the University of Missouri-St. Louis. $3,400. (External)
- Establishing an advanced practice nursing database for Missouri: St. Louis greater metropolitan area. Missouri Department of Health. $4,920. Kuehn, A.; Bachman, J.A. (External)
- Linking Midwest Educators with Information Technology. The Midwest Alliance in Nursing in partnership with Division of Nursing, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the University partner the University of Wisconsin-Madison. (External)
- Foundation support to provide scholarships for school health nurses to attend Center City USA, April 30, 1992, Primerica. (external) $772
- Youth Fellow, Missouri Youth Initiative, W.K. Kellog foundation. (external) $24,083
- Project SHARE Fellow, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, U.S. Department of Education. (external) $9,160
- The effects of distant learning on student acquisition of the Neuman systems model. January 23, 1990. Weldon Spring (Intercampus), $13,482 ($6,741 each campus). Lacey, LM., & Bachman, J.A.
Professional Nurse Traineeship. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Public Health Services. $62,762. (External)
- Professional Nurse Traineeship. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Public Health Services. $90,883. (External)
- Bachman JA, Brennan PF, Patrick TB (2003). Design and evaluation of School health Link, a Web-based health resource. Journal of School Nursing, 19(6), 13-19. (R)
- Bachman JA, Brennan PF, Patrick TB, Cole M. (2000). A World Wide Web-based health resource: Survey of Missouri school nurses to determine priority health information resources for School health Link. Journal of School Nursing, 16(1), 24-29. (R)
- Bachman, J.A., Panzarine, S. (1998). Enabling student nurses to use the information highway. Journal of Nursing Education, 37(4),155-161 (R)Bachman, J.A. (1995) A university response to a need for school nurse education. Journal of School Nursing, 11(2), 20-23. (R)
- Bachman, J.A., Mathews, D. (1999) A tour of cyberspace. Imprint, 4 April/May, pp 48,50-51,64. (I)(R)
- Bachman, J.A. (1995) A university response to a need for school nurse education. Journal of School Nursing, 11(2),20-23. (R)
- Bachman, J.A., Bachman, W.G., Franzel, A.S., Marcus, M.C. (1995). An easy-to-use pre-teaching program to assist vision screening in developmentally delayed preschoolers. Journal of School Health, 65(2),71-72. (R)
- Bachman, J.A., Bachman, W.G., Franzel, A.S., Marcus, M.C. (1994). Pre-teaching developmentally delayed preschoolers to aid vision screening in a university/community partnership. Optometry and Vision Science, 71(11),713-716.(R)
- Bachman, J.A. (1993). Self described learning needs of pregnant teen participants in an innovative university/community partnership. Maternal-Child Nursing Journal, 21(2),65-71. (R)
- Wingert, T.A., McAllister, W.H., Bachman, J.A. (1993). State board requirements for CPR certification for licensure in independent health professions. Journal of the American Optometric Society, 64(2),117-119. (R)
- Bachman, J.A. (1992). Postpartum ovarian thrombophlebitis: Etiology, diagnosis, treatment and nursing implications. Journal of Vascular Nursing, 10(2),13-18. (R)
- Bachman, J.A., Kitchens, E.K., Halley, S.S., and Ellison, K.J. (1992). Assessment of learning needs of nurse educators: Continuing education implications. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 23(1), 29-33. (R)
- Bachman, J.A. (1991). Congenital antithrombin III, protein C, and protein S deficiency: A literature review with nursing implications. Journal of Vascular Nursing, 9(4), 17-20. (R)
- Klein, T., Thornburg, K., Bachman, J., & Vemer, E. (1991). Teenage pregnancy among Missouri youth. Step by Step Towards Missouri's Future, 2(2), 1-4,6. (R)
- Bachman, J.A. (1990). Pregnancy and thromboembolic disease: A literature review with implications for nursing, Journal of the Society for Peripheral Vascular Nursing, 8(2), 11-14. (R)
- Bachman, J.A., Management of discomfort (2000). In D.L. Lowdermilk & S. Perry & IM Bobac (Eds.), Maternity and Women's Health Care (7th ed.). St. Louis: C.V.Mosby Company. (Selected Book of the Year by AJN
- Bachman, J.A. & Kendrick, J.M. (1996) Normal childbirth. In P. Creehan & K. Simpson (Eds.), Perinatal Nursing. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott.