- BS, Nursing, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO
- MS, Maternal Newborn Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- PhD, Clinical Nursing Research, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Madres para la Salud (Mothers for Health) - Co-Investigator, National Institutes of Health, $1.2M, 2009 - 2013
- Postpartum Depression Support Group Training – Consultant, First Things First (Arizona State Funding), 2009-2014
- Translation and Metric Equivalence Testing of Pregnancy Study Materials - Principal Investigator, Arizona State University Center for Improving Healthy Outcomes in Children, Teens, and Families, $10,000, 2008-2010
- Neonatal Health: Biophysical Outcomes of Maternal Abuse – Co-Investigator, Multiple funding sources: Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Chi Chapter ($500), Diagnostecs ($2000 in kind), Washington State University ($7500), 2004-2006.
- Postpartum depression of abused and non-abused women – Principal Investigator, National Institutes of Health, $145,000, 2002-2006
- Morales, S., & Records, K. (2013). Interventions to reduce abuse-related stress during pregnancy. International Journal of Childbirth Education, 28(3), 34-40.
- Ainsworth, B.A., Keller, C., Hermann, S., Belyea, M., Records, K., Nagle Williams, A., Vega-Lopez, S., Permana, P., Coonrod, D. (2013). Physical activity and sedentary behaviors in postpartum Latinas: Madres para la Salud. Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise, 45(7), 1298-1306. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3182863de5
- Wadsworth, P., & Records, K. (2013). Physical and mental health and health behaviors of African American women and adolescents after sexual assault. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 42(3), 249-73. doi: 10.1111/1552-6909.12041.
- Keller, C., Todd, M., Ainsworth, B.A., Records, K., Vega-Lopez, S., Permana, P., Coonrod, D. (2013). Overweight, obesity, and neighborhood characteristics among postpartum Latinas. Journal of Obesity, 2013, Article ID 916468, 8 pps. doi:10.1155/2013/916468
- Keller, C., Records, K., Coe, K., Ainsworth, B., Vega-Lopez, S., & Williams, A. (2012). Promotora roles in integrative validity and treatment fidelity efforts in randomized controlled trials. Journal of Family and Community Health, 35(2), 120-129.
- Records, K., Keller, C., Ainsworth, B., & Permana, P. (2012). Instrument selection for randomized clinical trials: Why this and not that? Contemporary Clinical Trials, 33, 143-150. DOI: 10.1016/j.cct.2011.09.006
- Records, K. (2011). Prenatal depression. International Journal of Childbirth Education, 26(4), 19-22.
- Records, K., & Rice, M. (2009). Lifetime physical and sexual abuse and the risk for depression symptoms in the first 8 months after birth. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology, 30(3), 181-190. DOI: 10.1080/01674820903178121.
- Records, K., & Rice, M. (2007). Psychosocial correlates of depressive symptoms during the third trimester of pregnancy. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 36(3), 231-242.
- Records, K., Rice, M., & Beck, C.T. (2007). Psychometric assessment of the PDPI-R. Journal of Nursing Measurement, 15(3), 189-202.
- Records, K., Hindoyan, N., Ealy, R.B., Hobel, C., & Jackman, S. (2013). Implications of maternal obesity-associated inflammation for newborn and infant health. Podium presentation at the Council of International Neonatal Nurses’ 8th International Neonatal Nursing Conference: New Knowledge, New Care, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom, September 5-8.
- Records, K., Keller, C., Coonrod, D., Ainsworth, B., Todd, M., Belyea, M., Nagle-Williams, A., Permana, P., & Vega Lopez, S. (2013). Correlates of depressive symptoms after birth for Latinas who are obese or overweight. Podium presentation at the 5th World Congress on Women's Mental Health, Lima, Peru, March 4 – 7.
- Keller, C., Records, K., Ainsworth, B., Belyea, M., Vega Lopez, S., Permana, P., Nagle Williams, A., Coonrod, D., & Apesoa-Varano, E.C. (2012). Social support, sedentary behavior, and neighborhood characteristics among postpartum Latinas. Symposium presentation at the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Research Congress, Brisbane, Australia. July 30-August 3.
- Keller, C., Ainsworth, B., Belyea, M., Records, K., Nagle Williams, A., Hermann, S. (2012). Physical activity patterns in postpartum Latinas. Podium presentation at the American College of Sports Medicine, San Francisco, CA. (Refereed).
- Records, K. (2010, April). Designing and evaluating depression support groups for postpartum Latinas. In C. Keller & K. Records (Chairs), Translating of research across cultures to promote community work. Symposium presented at the Western Institute of Nursing, 43rd Annual WIN Communicating Nursing Research Conference, April 14-17, Glendale, AZ.
Other Scholarly Activites
- Records, K. (2013). Strategies for working effectively as a junior investigator. One-hour webinar for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for 200 registered attendees. Webinar archived until November 5, 2016 at AACN.nche.edu/webinar (Invited workshop presentation).
- Records, K. (2011). Postpartum depression. One-hour presentation on KFNX radio show Hot Health Topics (Phoenix, AZ). Moderator Dr. B. Melnyk. Co-presenter Dr. Linda Chambliss. April 11.
Honors and Awards
- Hubert C. Moog Endowed Professorship, Appointed, June 2013
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, October 2012
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Beta Upsilon Chapter award for Excellence in Mentorship. May 2010
- Western Institute of Nursing, Anna Shannon Mentorship Award, Competitive Award. April 2010
- Appointment, Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. January 2008 - present
- American Academy of Nursing
- National Institutes of Health, Reviewer
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Gynecologic Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Western Institute of Nursing