- 2008. BS, Nursing, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- 2010. MS, Nursing, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- 2013. PhD, Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Junior Faculty Travel Grants, University of Missouri-St. Louis, $1,000, 2013
- Fellowship, International Studies and Programs at University of Missouri-St. Louis, $2,000, 2013-2014
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (in press). Evidence-based nurse case management practice in community health. Professional Case Management.
- Joo, J. Y. (2014). Effectiveness of culturally tailored diabetes interventions for Asian immigrants to the United States: a systematic review. The Diabetes Educator. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/0145721714534994
- Joo, J. Y. (2014). Community-based case management, hospital utilization and patient-focused outcomes in Medicare beneficiaries. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 36(6), 825-844. doi: 10.1177/0193945913514140
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (2014). An integrative review of nurse-led community-based case management effectiveness. International Nursing Review, 61(1), 14-24. doi: 10.1111/inr.12068
- Joo, J. Y., & Huber, D. L. (2012). An integrative review of case management for diabetes. Professional Case Management, 17(2), 72–85. PMID: 22311244
- Joo, J. Y., & Lee, HK. (2014, July). Evidence of Culturally-Tailored Diabetes Management Program for Asian-American Immigrant Population: A Systematic Literature Review. Poster presented at the 25th annual meeting of the International Nursing Research Congress, Hong Kong, China.
- Joo, J. Y. (2014, March). Community-based case management for chronically ill Medicare beneficiaries. Podium presented at the 38th annual meeting of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, St. Louis, MO.
- Joo, J. Y. (2014, March). Effectiveness of case management in populations with substance abuse in community health: a systematic literature review. Poster presented at the 38th annual meeting of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, St. Louis, MO.
- Joo, J. Y. (2013, October). A review of intervention fidelity and integrity in community-based nursing. Poster presented at the 7th annual meeting of the Multidisciplinary Research Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- Joo, J. Y. (2012, April). Effects of computerized cognitive game program on cognitive function and mood in healthy elders. Paper presented at the 36th annual meeting of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, Dearborn, MI.
Honors and Awards
- Cum Laude, Seoul National University, 2008
- American Public Health Association
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- The Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
- Case Management, Transitions of Care, and Population Health Management
- Multiple Chronic Illness Management
- Community Health
- Health Disparities