Policy for Assigning Office Space
All College of Nursing employees will be provided access to office space, telephones, computers, and file space. Office space will be assigned using the following criteria. Individual circumstances will be accounted for as necessary.
- Full time faculty members will receive priority for private offices.
- Part time faculty members will normally share offices , depending on the amount of time they need to spend in the College. In cases where the individual only occasionally needs office space in the College for meeting with students or others, using a computer, telephone, or other technologies, a group office will be made available.
- Full time staff members will be provided with private offices in proximity to the area or persons with whom they need to work.
- Part time staff members will share offices based on the amount of time they spend in the College.
- Larger offices will be provided based on the nature of the work needed to be accomplished within the office. For example, holders of endowed professorships will normally be provided with larger offices because of the expectation that they will have well developed programs of research that require storage space for data and meeting space for research teams.
- Offices with windows will be provided based on faculty or staff rank, seniority, specific work needs, or health reasons.
- College administrators will have offices in or near the administrative suite in the College.
- Offices will be equipped with a desk, telephone, DSP computer and printer, two-drawer file cabinet and bookcase.
Offices will be painted when the office is newly assigned, or every five years. The faculty or staff member occupying the office may select the color they prefer from the palette of choices provided by the University.
Policy revised: October 11, 2006