Mission and Program
The Honors College Story
Schedule an UMSL campus tour
Steps to Apply
Named Scholarships for Future Students
Honors Program Overview
Academic Advising and Course Registration
Departmental Honors, Honors Societies, and Degree Honors
Faculty and Staff
Helpful Guidelines for Teaching in Honors
Alumni and Friends
Giving to the Honors College
Bohnenkamp Scholarship Fund
Alumni Trivia Night
Meet Our Scholars
OSP in Action
Sponsors and Donors
Directions to the Honors College
- The Administrative Staff:
Sherry Gerrein – M-F 8:00-5:00 – 314-516-5243 or email@example.com
Student Office Assistants – 314-516-4890
Nicole Gevers (M/W), JoHannah McDonald (M/W), Mimi Mead (T), Audri Adams (Th/F)
- Contract or Pay Issues: If you have any questions regarding compensation, contracts, etc., please let me know. As a reminder part-time salaries are paid as follows: Fall, 4 equal pay periods (paid on the last day of the months of September, October, November & December; Spring, 5 equal pay periods (paid on the last day of the months of January, February, March, April & May).
- Offices and Office Hours: I am attaching a form for contact information and office hours. Please return this form to me as soon as possible. If you plan to hold office hours on the north campus, please make note of that on the form. I have also attached a list of Office Assignments for full-time and part-time faculty. If you need a key to your office, please let me know. (Note: you may have office mates, but their classes are scheduled for different times than yours.) If you teach on north campus and need space to meet with students, please contact Nancy Gleason.
- Computers: If the computer or printer in your office isn’t working properly, please ask us for assistance. Any IT Service requests must be approved in advance by me.
- Telephones: A generic message has been put on adjunct office phones, directing students to contact faculty by email. I can provide you with the password to access Voicemail if you wish.
- Building Concerns: If you are experiencing any problems with your classroom or office (temperature control, water leaks, etc.), please let me know and I will contact facilities services.
- Room Requests: If you need to reserve a room other than your regular classroom (including the Honors College Kitchen and Libraries), please let me know.
- Mailboxes: All Honors full-time and part-time faculty members have mailboxes located in the Honors College Administrative Office. Please check your mailbox periodically for important paperwork, such as Course Evaluations. Please let me know if you are teaching your Honors course in a different building.
- Parking: Faculty members are provided with parking passes. If you taught at UMSL last year, your parking pass will expire at the end of October. Please register your car(s) online at this web site: http://www.umsl.edu/~transportation/ . You will receive a temporary pass until the new passes are available. Parking is available in lot JJ (nearest to our building), along Laclede Lane (as posted), and in Parking Garage KK (near the College of Nursing). Additional parking is available in Lot XX (north of the Villa Building) and Lots WW and VV (in front of Marillac Hall near the Metro-link station). Parking does “settle down” after the first few weeks of the semester. Please see Nancy or me for Handicap Parking options. If you drive an unregistered vehicle to campus, you can print a 1-day temporary parking pass using the same link http://www.umsl.edu/~transportation/ .
- Canvas and MyView: Canvas is our current online course management system. The Learning Resource Lab can assist with Canvas http://www.umsl.edu/technology/lrl/ . MyView is our Student Information system, and also the place you will post grades. Additional resource: https://www.umsl.edu/technology/support/info.html
- Syllabus: The Honors College requires that you place your syllabus on MyGateway for your course. In addition, please submit a digital copy to Me by Friday, August 30, 2018. Thank you in advance. If you would like any assistance with the construction of your syllabus, you may see Ed Munn, Nancy Gleason or Dan Gerth.
- Text Issues: If you have any concerns regarding textbooks or desk copies, please let me know.
- Copying: There is a Xerox copy machine in C106 you may use for your Honors College copies. You may also complete the copy request form and place the originals in the tray labeled ‘Copy Requests,’ located on the shelf across from the copy machine. If you have a large copy job, I can send it across campus to our Printing Services department. I can also make copies of items you send to me electronically. Please allow 48 hours (2 business days) for copy requests. I am understanding, though, and will try to help out in a pinch.
- Scanning: There are 3 options for scanning material:
1) You can scan documents and send them to your email using the Xerox Copier C106. Please ask me if you need assistance.
2) I have a scanner at my desk for Honors College scanning. Complete the scan request form and place the originals in the tray labeled ‘Scan Requests,’ which is located on the shelf above the desk across from the copy machine. If you require scanning from a book, please copy the pages first, and place the copies with the scan request in the tray. Please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for scan requests.
3) The Learning Research Lab is also available for scanning documents. You must provide ample time for the lab to complete the scanning, and the online reservation form may be found at: http://www.umsl.edu/technology/lrl/
- A special note about copying & scanning: Due to copy costs, please try to put as much reading material online for students using Canvas rather than making hard copies for everything.
- Absences: Please call or email me if you must cancel your class, and I will be happy to post the cancellation, along with any notes you might want to make regarding the class. Please use Canvas to announce any unplanned absences to your students as well.
- Media and Videos: We maintain a master list of the Honors College Media Library (VHS tapes and DVD). We can provide you with information on how you can work with the Learning Resource Lab http://www.umsl.edu/technology/lrl/ to have your videos streamed online via Canvas.
- UMSL ID Card: TritonCards are processed in the University’s TriotonCard Office, 190 Millennium Student Center, 314-516-8680. http://www.umsl.edu/tritoncard/
- Course Evaluations: Near the end of the semester, you will be notified by email that an evaluation packet(s) have been placed in your mailbox, and instruction on using the packets, which must be completed before finals week. (Yes – We still require paper evaluations.)
If you have a question not addressed above, please let me know. I look forward to working with you this semester. Again, welcome to the Honors College!