Mission and Program
The Honors College Story
Steps to Apply
Named Scholarships for Future Students
Academic Advising and Course Registration
Departmental Honors, Honors Societies, and Degree Honors
Faculty and Staff
Helpful Guidelines for Teaching in Honors
Alumni and Friends
Giving to the Honors College
Bohnenkamp Scholarship Fund
Alumni Trivia Night
Meet Our Scholars
OSP in Action
Sponsors and Donors
Directions to the Honors College
Sherry Gerrein – M-F 8:00-5:00 – 314-516-5243 or email@example.com
Pat Sanders – M-F 8:30-3:00 – 314-516-4890 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contract or Pay Issues: If you have any questions regarding compensation, contracts, etc., please see Sherry. As a reminder part-time salaries are paid as follows: Fall, 4 equal pay periods (paid on the last day of the months of September, October, November & December); Spring, 5 equal pay periods (paid on the last day of the months of January, February, March, April & May).
- Part-time Faculty Offices: Part-time faculty members are given office space in the Provincial House. (Note: you may have office mates, but their classes are scheduled for different times than yours.) If you teach on north campus, and need space to meet with students, please contact Nancy Gleason.
- Computers: If the computer or printer in your office isn’t working properly, please ask us for assistance. Any IT Service requests must be approved in advance by Dan Gerth or Nancy Gleason.
- Telephones: A generic message has been put on all part-time office phones. Passwords can be provided to access Voicemail if requested.
- Building Concerns: If you are experiencing any problems with your classroom or office (temperature control, water leaks, etc.), please tell Sherry or Pat and we will contact facilities services.
- Room Requests: If you need to reserve a room other than your regular classroom (including the Honors College Kitchen and Libraries), please contact Sherry or Pat for assistance.
- Mailboxes: All Honors full-time and part-time faculty members have mailboxes located in the Honors College Administrative Office. Please check your mailbox periodically for important paperwork, such as Course Evaluations. Please contact Pat if you are teaching your Honors course in a different building.
- Parking: Faculty members are provided with parking passes. Parking passes expire annually at the end of October. If you do not have a current pass, please register your car(s) online at this web site: https://apps.umsl.edu/webapps/ITS/vehicle_registration/login.cfm. You will receive a temporary pass until your new pass arrives. Parking is available in lot JJ (nearest to our building), along Laclede Lane (as posted), and in Parking Garage KK (near the College of Nursing). Additional parking is available in Lot XX (north of the Villa Building) and Lots WW and VV (in front of Marillac Hall near the Metro-link station). Parking does “settle down” after the first few weeks of the semester. Please see Nancy, Sherry or Pat for Handicap Parking options. If you drive an unregistered vehicle to campus, you can print a 1-day temporary parking pass at this web site: https://apps.umsl.edu/webapps/ITS/emp_temp_parking/login.cfm.
- MyGateway and MyView: MyGateway is our online course management system. If you are new and are not on MyGateway or do not have an email address, please ask us for assistance. MyView is our Student Information system, and also the place you will post grades. Other Faculty Resources can be found at: http://www.umsl.edu/technology/frc/
- Syllabus: The Honors College requires that you place your syllabus on MyGateway for your course. In addition, please submit a digital copy to Sherry . If you would like any assistance with the construction of your syllabus, you may see Nancy Gleason or Dan Gerth.
- Text Issues: If you have any concerns regarding text books or desk copies, please see Pat.
- Copying: We have a Xerox copy machine in C106 you may use. You may also complete the copy request form and place the originals in the tray labeled ‘Copy Requests,’ located on the shelf across from the copy machine. If you have a large copy job, we can send it across campus to our Printing Services department. We can also make copies of items you send to us electronically. Please allow 48 hours (2 business days) for copy requests. We are understanding, though, and will try to help out in a pinch.
- Scanning: There are 3 options for scanning material: 1) Sherry has a scanner on her desk for Honors College scanning. Complete the scan request form and place the originals in the tray labeled ‘Scan Requests,’ which is located on the shelf above the desk across from the copy machine. If you require scanning from a book, please copy the pages first, and place the copies with the scan request in the tray. Please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for scan requests. 2) You can also scan and send to your email using the Xerox Copier in Pat’s Office. Please ask one of us if you need assistance. 3) The faculty resource center is also available for scanning documents. You must provide ample time for the center to complete the scanning, and the online reservation form may be found at: http://www.umsl.edu/technology/frc/pdfs/frc-request-for-services.pdf
- A special note about copying & scanning: Due to copy cost, please try to put as much reading material online for students using MyGateway rather than making hard copies for everything.
- Absences: Please call or email Sherry and Pat (in case one of us is out) if you must cancel your class, and we will be happy to post the cancellation, along with any notes you might want to make regarding the class. Please use MyGateway to announce any unplanned absences to your students as well.
- UMSL ID Card: TritonCards are processed in the University’s TriotonCard Office, 190 Millennium Student Center, 314-516-8680. http://www.umsl.edu/tritoncard/
- Course Evaluations: Near the end of the semester, Pat will notify you by email that she has placed an evaluation packet(s) in your mailbox, and instruction on using the packets, which must be completed before finals week. (Yes – we still require paper evaluations.)
If you have a question not addressed above, please let us know. We look forward to working with you!
Sherry & Pat