Master of Public Policy Administration
How to Apply
Pi Alpha Alpha
Robert J. Baer Endowed Fellowship in Public Policy Administration
How to Apply
Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program
Local Government Partnership
Focus on Public Policy & Administration
Policy and Program Evaluation
How to apply
Faculty and Staff
Student and Alumni News
Planning and Zoning
PPA Alumni In Action
Learn more about our program and what our alumni are doing in our video PPA Alumni in Action
Student and Alumni news
- MPPA and NPML 2013 graduate Meredith Albus recently was named to the Director of Development and Internal Communications position with Rohan Woods School. Her responsibilities include managing fundraising events, grant writing, connecting with alumni, creating the school yearbook, soliciting major gifts and managing the annual giving.
- NPML 2010 graduate Tanjila Bolden-Myers was recently nominated and awarded the 2015 American Red Cross Blood Services Hero Award.
- NPML student Brenda Butler works at Springboard as the Director of Development and Operations. She was recently chosen as one of four Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) St. Louis Chapter Fellows. Brenda is very excited to be part of this program within the regional AFP. She said it will give her the opportunity to network with other professionals and develop her fundraising skills in this new career.
- NPML 2009 graduate Sarah B. Fandrey was selected by the Indiana State Bar Association to participate in the 2015 class of its Leadership Development Academy. Sarah is an attorney at Bowers Harrison in Evansville, Indiana. The program was established to empower and develop lawyers to be informed, committed and involved, so that they may fill significant leadership roles in bar associations, local communities and organizations.
- MPPA 2012 graduate Eric Fey recently was appointed Director of Elections for the St. Louis County Election Board.
- MPPA 2012 graduate Colleen Kirby Hafner recently joined the board of Northside Community Housing, Inc., a CDC focusing on the Ville and Greater Ville neighborhoods in north St. Louis City.
- MPPA and NPML 2012 graduate Jessica Heslin was recently elected the Program Vice President of Metropolitan Volunteer Management Association. She also completed the FOCUS St. Louis Emerging Leaders Fall 2014 class.
- MPPA 2000 and NPML 2009 graduate Gina L. Johnson was named as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) by CFRE International. Gina is the Director of Major Gifts for California State Polytechnic University-Pomona. Individuals granted the CFRE credential have met a series of standards that include tenure in the profession, education, demonstrated fundraising achievement and a commitment to service to not-for-profit organizations. They have also passed a rigorous written examination testing fundraising knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- MPPA 2012 graduate Rosalind Johnson was hired as the Neighborhood Programs Coordinator for the City of Overland Park, Kansas. She works with neighborhood leaders to sustain the aging neighborhoods in the northern part of the city. She also works to enhance programing and special events within these areas, while engaging the residents and developing community leadership.
- NPML 2012 graduate Katie Kaufmann began working in February as the Director of Ready by 21 St. Louis.
- MPPA 2014 and NPML 2009 graduate Maria Kerford recently accepted a position as Senior Associate Director of Planned Giving at Washington University.
- MPPA and NPML student John-Paul Knobloch was recently promoted to Special Projects Manager at Parents as Teachers National Center. His responsibilities include assisting with development and federal grant-funded contracts, managing grant budgets, and developing grant proposals and budgets.
- MPPA 2014 and NPML 2009 graduate Amanda Labrier was nominated and selected for the 2015 class of Focus St. Louis Coro Women In Leadership (WIL). The Coro WIL program is the St. Louis region’s most comprehensive leadership training program for women who are passionate about the region and their role in positive community change. The Coro WIL program gives women the opportunity to refine their leadership competencies, learn about the community, and connect with other women from diverse backgrounds during this five-month, part-time training program held each fall and spring.
- MPPA 2002, NPML 2003 graduate Dan Reynolds has been serving as an adjunct instructor in nonprofit management at Washington University. He also recently was promoted from Vice President to Managing Partner at Holmes, Radford & Avalon, Inc.
- MPPA and NPML 2008 graduate Jim Schallom began working in February as the Director of Resource Development at Sherwood Forest Camp.
- MPPA 2012 graduate Katrina Utz was recently promoted to Policy Advisor in the Office of the St. Louis County Executive. Previously she was the executive assistant to the Director of Operations and Director of Policy. She had transitioned into the Stenger administration from the Dooley administration, where she was the executive assistant to the Chief of Operations.
- MPPA 2010 graduate Byron Witherspoon was promoted to the position of Director, Supplier Diversity at Ameren.