College of Business Administration Home
Bachelor of Science in Accounting (BSA)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS)
General Education Requirements
Supply Chain and Analytics
Advisors by Specialization
Meet the Staff
Advanced MIS Lab
Small Business Resources
The Current Newspaper
Ombudsman and Student Concerns
Future UMSL Business Building
Additional College of Business requirements include:
All students pursuing business degrees must complete at least than 48 credit hours and no more than 60 credit hours in business within the minimum 120 hour degree program. Of that number, 30 hours are business core courses. The remaining 18 to 30 hours are approved business electives. A minimum 18 credit hours must be 3xxx/ 4xxx level.
Lower Division Core Course Requirements
Where a course is shown to have a prerequisite, a minimum grade of "C-" in the prerequisite course(s) is required for admission.
FINANCE 3500: Financial Management
Prerequisites: ECON 1002, MATH 1105, ACCTNG 2400, and INFSYS 2800
MKTG 3700: Basic Marketing
Prerequisites: ECON 1001 and junior standing
MGMT 3600: Management and Organizational Behavior
Prerequisite: junior standing
SCMA 3300: Business Statistics
Prerequisites: INFSYS 1800 or INFSYS 2800 and MATH 1105
SCMA 3301: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
Prerequisites: No prerequisites
MGMT 4219: Strategic Management
A capstone course normally taken in the last semester of one's undergraduate program. Prerequisites: senior standing, FINANCE 3500, MKTG 3700 AND MGMT 3600
MGMT 4220: Business Assessment Testing
Administered to all graduating seniors. A "Satisfactory" grade is required for graduation.
- Related business courses include Business Law, Finance, and Information Systems courses.
- Related non-business courses include Philosophy, Communication and Political Science courses.
- Suggested Minors: Finance and Information Systems.
- Related business courses include Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management and Logistics and Operations Management courses.
- Related non-business courses include Computer Science and Communication courses.
- Suggested Minors: Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Logistics and Operations Management, or Marketing.
- Related business courses include Accounting courses (see the Finance Track requirements).
- Related non-business courses include Economics and Communication courses.
- Suggested Minors: Accounting or Economics.
- Related business courses include courses in any emphasis area (you might want to get an additional emphasis area in Finance, Management or Marketing).
- Related non-business courses include Language, Anthropology or Sociology courses.
- Suggested Minors: Any language.
- Related business courses include BUS AD 3100: Contemporary Business Communication and Marketing Courses.
- Related non-business courses include Psychology, Communication and Economics courses.
- Suggested Minors: Psychology or Communication.
- Related business courses include Logistics and Operations Management courses and Management courses.
- Related non-business courses include Communications and Economics courses.
- Suggested Minors: Media Studies or Digital and Communications Marketing
- Related business courses include Information Systems, and Marketing courses (especially MKTG 3740: Marketing Research).
- Related non-business courses include Economics, Communication, Math, and Computer Science courses.
- Suggested Minors: Math, Information Systems, or Transportation Studies