- Apply for graduation one semester before your intended graduation date. Don't wait until the last minute - when you do so you risk complications in your graduation.
- Schedule an advising appointment for a graduation review the semester prior to the semester in which you intend to graduate (i.e., schedule in September for a May graduation, and in February for an August or December graduation). An comprehensive review of all graduation requirements is included during this 30 minute appointment. This cannot be done on a walk in basis! Stop by the College of Business Advising Office in 487 SSB to schedule an appointment or call (314) 516-5888. 487 SSB to schedule an appointment or call (314) 516-5888.
- Register with Career Services, located at 278 Millennium Student Center. It's the best way to stay in the loop regarding campus recruiting and job fairs, and they can help you get started on your job search. There is no fee for registration!
- Check your degree audit after you preregister for your last semester! You can run it online from your Mygateway account. If it says "All requirements completed -- courses in progress used" you know you are almost at the finish line!
During your FINAL semester remember to do the following:
- Take the assessment test, the major field exam (4220: Business Assessment test). Information on this test (including a sample test) is available at: www.ets.org Click on "Major Field Tests" and it is listed under "Business."
- Check the graduation list posted outside the Advising Office (487 SSB) to verify the spelling of your name, your major/emphasis areas and minors (if applicable), and Latin Honors (which require 56 graded hours at University of Missouri - St. Louis).
- Information regarding the graduation ceremony is available at:
http://www.umsl.edu/commencement. This website includes information on purchasing your cap and gown, details regarding the graduation ceremony and information useful to your guests.
- RSVP if you plan to attend the reception sponsored by the dean of the College of Business Administration before the graduation ceremony. (Look for details in the mail.)
- Complete a grade modification form with an academic advisor for any courses you have repeated. (Remember, the "D" or "F" is removed from your campus GPA only, not your business or emphasis area or major GPA. All GPA's must be at least a 2.0 to graduate.)