About the College
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Executive Leadership Consortium
Our New Home
Awards and Scholarships
Visit UMSL Business
Associate Professor of Marketing
Director of Undergraduate Business Programs
Office: 202J Anheuser-Busch Hall ~ Voice: 314-516-5832
D.B.A. (Marketing), Mississippi State University, 1991
M.B.A., University of Mississippi, 1980
B.B.A., University of Mississippi, 1979
- Areas: Advertising, Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 5700 - Contemporary Marketing Concepts
- MKTG 5710 - Consumer Behavior
- Advertising Effects; Buyer innovation, Media Issues; Internet Marketing
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Fu, Frank Q. and Michael T. Elliott (2012), "The Moderating Effect of Perceived Product Innovativeness and Product Knowledge on New Product Adoption: An Integrated Model," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, forthcoming.
- Elliott, Michael T., Frank Q. Fu, and Paul S. Speck (2012), “Information Search and Purchase Patterns in a Multichannel Service Industry,” Services Marketing Quarterly, Vol. 33 (4), 292-310.
- Elliott, Michael T. and Frank Q. Fu (2008), “Consumer Acceptance of Technology Products: The Impact of Tactical Selling Approaches,” Marketing Management Journal, 19(2), 48-65.
- Elliott, Michael and Paul Speck (2005), “Factors Affect Attitudes toward a Retail Web Site,” Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 13(1), 40-52.
- Alpha Mu Alpha
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Psychology and Marketing, Journal of Advancement in Marketing Education – Editorial Board