College of Business Administration
Perry D. Drake
Perry D. Drake
Assistant Professor, College of Business Administration
Academic Director of Programs in Business, School of Professional and Continuing Studies
Office: 206 Express Scripts Hall
M.S. Statistics, University of Iowa, Iowa City
B.S. Economics, University of Missouri, St. Louis
- Social and Digital Media Marketing
- Marketing Measurement
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Data Analytics
- Marketing Test Design
- Public Speaking
- Running, Biking and Swimming
Industry Presentations, Training Sessions, Panel Discussions, Webinars and Television Appearances:
- “Uses of Social Media in Transportation,” Airport Ground Transportations Association Annual Conference, Clearwater Florida, 4/28/14
- Panelist, Writing and Publishing Workshop, Confluence Scholars Strategy Network, University of Missouri – St. Louis, 4/24/14
- Conference Host and Organizer: “State of Digital Media Marketing 2014.” April 2014. University of Missouri, St. Louis. Guest speakers included Google, Yahoo, Twitter, Foresee, IBM, Nielsen, Adblock Plus, CNN.
- “Trends in the Applications of Big Data, Discovery and Technology,” Data Warehouse Institute Chapter Meeting (TDWI), St. Louis, 3/7/14
- “Emerging Technologies and Trends,” American Marketing Association Luncheon Series, St. Louis, 3/20/14
- “Extending Your Reach and Building a community with the use of Social Media,” AAIM Employers Association Breakfast Series, St. Louis, 1/23/14
- “Is your usage of social media in the classroom FERPA Compliant,” Focus on Teaching and Technology Conference, University of Missouri – St. Louis, 10/25/13
- “And then there was Vine – Social Media Trends and Applications,” St. Louis Archdiocese Youth Ministry Workshop, Keynote Speaker, 9/21/13
- “State of Digital Media Marketing 2014,” Business and Breakfast Seminar Series, University of Missouri – St. Louis, 9/12/13
- Conference Presenter: “Social Media for both Personal and Professional Usage” with Jonathon Distad, Perficient. 48th Annual Middllewest Regional Nursing Conference. April 2013. St. Louis, MO.
- Conference Host and Organizer: “State of Digital Media Marketing 2013.” April 2013. University of Missouri, St. Louis
- Training Session: “Integrated Campaign Analytics, Testing & ROI” with Rhonda Drake. A 2-day training session. November 2013. The Direct Marketing Association, New York, NY.
- Webinar: “The Data Revolution and the Impact on Higher Education.” An Adobe Educational Webinar. April 5, 2012.
- Conference Presentation: “The Nuts and Bolts of Database Marketing -- What Every Marketer Needs to Know to be Successful in this New Digital Era” Direct Marketing Association Luncheon. June 2010. Long Island, NY
- Television Interview: CNBC “Street Signs” Interview with Erin Burnett. Facebook vs Google. October 2009
- Conference Presentation: “The Data Warehouse: Your Key to More Profitable Customer Data” with Rhonda Drake. Annual Business Publishing Conference and Expo. March 2007. New York, NY.
- Conference Presentation: “The Secrets of Test Design and Analysis” with Rhonda Drake. Annual Direct Marketing Association Conference. October 2006. San Francisco.
- Conference Presentation: “Building a Profit Producing Database” with Rhonda Drake. Annual Circulation Management Conference. June 2006, Chicago, IL.
- Conference Presentation: “Demystifying the Modeling Process.” Annual Non-Profit Conference. August 2005. Waldorf-Astoria, New York, NY.
- Conference Presentation: “The Secrets of Test Design Strategies.” Annual DMAW Conference and Expo. May 2005. Washington, DC.
- Conference Presentation: “Maximizing ROI through Proper Testing Techniques.” Yale Club Luncheon Sponsored by the Direct Marketing Idea Exchange. November 2004. New York, NY
- Conference Presentation: “Data Mining a Non-Profit File for High Value Donors and Planned Givers” with Rhonda Drake. SAS Data Mining Technology Conference. August 2004. Las Vegas, NV.
- Conference Presentation: “The Best Marketing Strategies to Survive in Today’s Economy.” Sponsored by Mercy College, Westchester Chamber of Commerce, Hudson Valley DMA, the Westchester Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, & the USPS. April 2003. White Plains, NY
- Conference Presentation: “How to Move Beyond Exhaustion of Your Outside List Options” with Rhonda Drake. Annual National Center for Database Marketing Conference. December 2002. Orlando, Florida
- Conference Presentation: “Practical Database Marketing Applications 101.” Direct Marketers on Call annual “Learning Forum.” November 2002. Time Life Building, New York, NY
- Conference Presentation: “Maximizing ROI through Proper Testing and Targeting” with Rhonda Drake. Women in Direct Marketing “In the Know Forum.” Sponsored by New York University. September 2002. New York, NY
- Panel Discussion: “Direct Mail – Where the Future Lies” panelist. The Direct Marketing Association Circulation Days Conference. January 2002. New York, NY
- Panel Discussion: “Predicting a Profitable Future Through Outside List Modeling.” The Direct Marketing Association List Vision Conference. August 2000. New York, NY.
- Conference Presentation: “The Art and Science of Constructing Powerful Predictors” with Rhonda Drake
- National Center for Database Marketing Conference. December 1999. Orlando, Florida.
- Whitepaper: “The Force that Facebook is – Contemplating the Monetization of Facebook” Published May 2012
- Interview: “Big Data Explained” ClickZ Columnist, Heidi Cohen (named one of the top 10 social bloggers of 2011). March 7, 2012.
- Interview: “Key Social Media Metrics” ClickZ columnist, Heidi Cohen, November 26, 2011.
- Interview: “The Future of Direct Marketing” The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), January 2009
- Interview: “Current State of SEM Education in the Universities” Search Engine Standard, Summer, 2007
- Article: “Demystifying Databases – Why and How to Build a Profit Producing Data Warehouse” Publishing Executive Magazine, May, 2007
- Article: “Conducting Data Audits to Ensure Integrity” DM News, February, 2006
- Article: “Time to Check Your Assists” Target Marketing Tipline, January, 2006
- Article: “Target Practice – The Science of Sample Sizes” Target Marketing Tipline, July, 2005
- Article: “The Importance of List Placement in the Merge/Purge Process” Target Marketing Tipline, August, 2004
- Article: “Best Practices: Your Path to World-Class Direct Marketing” Target Marketing Magazine, September, 2003
- Article: “To Build or Not To Build a Marketing Database” Circulation Management Magazine, November, 2002
- Article: “Top 10 Mistakes Made by Marketers Regarding the Use of a Customer Database” DM News, July 22, 2002
- Article: “Modeling with MUSCLE” Inside Direct Mail, May 2000
- Article: “Did your Marketing Test Really Beat the Control?” Inside Direct Mail, January 2000
- Article: “Finding Your Confidence Interval” Inside Direct Mail, September 1999
- Article: “The Importance of Proper Test Planning” DM News, August 16, 1999
- “Optimal Database Marketing” Sage Publications, April 2002. Co-authored with Dr. Ronald Drozdenko, Chairman, Marketing Department, Western Connecticut State University.
- Direct Marketing Association
- American Marketing Association
- Direct Marketing Club of New York
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation – Professors Academy
- St. Louis Track Club
- New York Road Runners