College of Business Administration
Julius Johnson, Jr.
Julius H. Johnson, Jr.
Associate Professor of Strategic Management and International Business
Office: 1013 SSB Tower ~ Voice: 314-516-5309
Ph.D. (1991), The George Washington University
Primary concentration: Strategic Management and Public Policy
Secondary concentration: International Business
M.B.A. (1987), The George Washington University
Primary concentration: International Business
B.S. (1984), San Diego State University
Primary concentration: Finance
- Areas: Strategic Management and International Management, International Business
- BA 4219 Strategic Management
- MGMT 5689 International Business Strategies
- BA 4689 International Strategic Management
- Areas: Strategic Management of Multinational Corporations, International Joint Ventures and International Public Affairs
- Selected Significant Publications:
- Johnson, Jr., J., Lenn, D. & O'Neill, H., "Political Administration Within Multinational Corporations: Evidence from the U.S. Construction Industry," Global Focus, Vol. 11(3), 1999, 13-19.
- Johnson, Jr., J., Lenn, D. & O'Neill, H., "Patterns of Competition Among American Firms in a Global Industry: Evidence From the U.S. Construction Equipment Industry," Journal of International Management, Vol. 3, 1997, 207-239.
- Johnson, Jr., J., Lenn, D. & O'Neill, H. "Many Paths Across Nations. How Business Level Strategies Influence the Extent of Internationalization of MNCs in the U.S. Construction Equipment Industry," Journal of Global Business, 1997, 33-43.
- Johnson, Jr., J., "An Empirical Examination for the Integration Responsiveness Framework: U.S. Construction Equipment Firms in Global Competition," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 26, 1995, 621-635.
- Johnson, Jr., J., Thumin, F., Kuehl, C. & Jiang, W., "Corporate Values as Related to Occupation, Gender, Age, and Company Size," Journal of Psychology, Vol. 129(4), 1995, 390-400.
- Thumin, F., Johnson, Jr., J., Kuehl, C. & Jiang, W., "Toward Harmonization: A Cross-Cultural Empirical Study Examining Managerial Values of Accountants From Four Countries," The Journal of Global Business, Vol. 6, 1995, 51-64.
- Mesnar, M. & Johnson, Jr., J., "Multinational Operations and Stakeholder Management: Internationalization, Public Affairs Strategies, and Economic Performance," Journal of International Management, Vol. 2(4), 1995, 233-281.
- Academy of Management, Business Policy and Planning Division
- Academy of Management, International Business Division
- Academy of International Business
- International Association of Business and Society
- Strategic Management Society
- Fellow, Center for International Business Studies