About the College
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Breakfast and Business
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Honor Societies and Student Organizations
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Awards and Scholarships
Professor of Management Science
Office: 1012 Tower ~ Voice: 314-516-6119
PhD, Economics, The Pennsylvania State University, 1970
BA, Economics, Miami University, 1966
Teaching: Operations Management and StatisticsResearch:
- Areas: statistical cost estimation, production planning, learning, techniques of cost-effectiveness analyses
- Recent Publications:
- "Specification Versus Data Fitting: SEM Prediction and the Q-class Estimator," The Journal of Forecasting, vol. 17, 1998, pp. 77-93, (with Stephen Cantrell and Walter Mayer).
- "Measuring Efficiency with a Linear Economic Model," Applied Economics, vol. 35, 2003, p. 1459-1468. (with Homeé F.E. Shroff, Thomas R. Gulledge and Kingsley E. Haynes).
- "Benefit-Cost using Data Envelopment Analysis" Forthcoming in Annuls of Operations Research. (with J. H. Dula´, D. Retzlaff-Roberts and M.-L. Bougnol).
- "Nonparametric frontier analysis with multiple constituencies," Forthcoming in the Journal of Operational Research Society. (with M.-L.Bougnol, J.H.Dula, and D.Retzlaff-Roberts).
- Current Research Projects
- Principal Investigator: "OptForce: New Human Resource Optimization Methods," Office of Naval Research
- Editor, Topics in Operations Research
- Associate Editor, Military Operations Research