About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
Executive Leadership Consortium
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Salute to Business Achievement Awards 2015
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Tutor and Lab Information
Awards and Scholarships
Founders Professor of Logistics and Operations Management
Office: 236 Express Scripts Hall ~ Voice: +1 314-516-6126
Ph.D. (Business Logistics) The Ohio State University, 1980
M.S. (Operations Research) Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, 1972
B.S. (Industrial Engineering & Management) Technion, 1970
- Areas: Business Logistics, Operations Management, Management Science
- Areas: Application of quantitative analysis tools and information technology to solving practical business logistics management problems
- Selected Publications:
- Ship Routing and Scheduling in the New Millennium, European Journal of Operational Research, forthcoming (with M. Christiansen, K. Fagerholt and B. Nygreen)
- Bulk Ships Routing and Scheduling: Solving Practical Problems May Provide Better Results, Maritime Policy & Management, 40(1), 2013, 48-64 (with K. Fagerholt).
- The Effect of Oil Price on Containership Speed and Fleet Size, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 62, 2011, 211-216.
- Tactical Store Delivery Planning, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 59, 2008, 1047-1054 (with C. A. Goodhart). Winner of the 2009 Goodeve Medal (The OR Society).
- Maritime Transportation, in Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science: Transportation, C. Barnhart and G. Laporte (Eds.), North-Holland, Amsterdam, 2007, 189-284 (with M. Christiansen, K. Fagerholt and B. Nygreen).
- Dispatching Continuous Moves, Journal of Transportation Management, 16(2), 2005, 25-37.
- Ship Routing and Scheduling: Status and Perspectives, Transportation Science, 38(1), 2004, 1-18 (with M. Christiansen and K. Fagerholt).
- Dispatching Petroleum Products, Operations Research, 43(3), 1995, 379-387.
- Consolidating and Dispatching Truck Shipments of Mobil Heavy Petroleum Products, Interfaces, 25(2), 1995, 1-17 (with D. O. Bausch and G. G. Brown).
- Dispatching Shipments at Minimal Cost with Multiple Mode Alternatives, Journal of Business Logistics, 15(1), 1994, 287-303 (with D. O. Bausch and G. G. Brown).
- Scheduling Ocean Transportation of Crude Oil, Management Science, 33, 1987, 335-346 (with G. G. Brown and G. W. Graves).
- Real-Time, Wide Area Dispatch of Mobil Tank Trucks, Interfaces,17, 1987, 107-120 (with G. G. Brown, C. J. Ellis and G. W. Graves). Finalist, Franz Edelman award competition (INFORMS).
- Associate Editor, Interfaces.
- Member of the Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Logistics
- Member of the Editorial Board, Maritime Economics and Logistics