College of Business Administration
Professor of Logistics and Operations Management
Office: 214 Express Scripts Hall ~ Voice: +1 314-516-6126
Ph.D. (Business Logistics) The Ohio State University, 1980
M.S. (Operations Research) Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, 1972
B.S. (Industrial Engineering & Management) Technion, 1970
- Areas: Business Logistics, Operations Management, Management Science
- LOM 7393 - Special Topics in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- LOM 5320 - Production and Operations Management
- LOM 5300 - Statistical Analysis for Management Decisions
- LOM 3320 - Introduction to Operation Management
- LOM 3300 - Business Statistics
- Areas: Application of quantitative analysis tools and information technology to solving practical business logistics management problems
- Selected Publications:
- Ship Routing and Scheduling in the New
Millennium, European Journal of Operational Research, forthcoming
(with M. Christiansen, K. Fagerholt and B. Nygreen)
- Bulk Ships Routing and Scheduling:
Solving Practical Problems May Provide Better Results, Maritime Policy &
Management, 40(1), 2013, 48-64 (with K. Fagerholt).
- The Effect of Oil Price on
Containership Speed and Fleet Size, Journal of the Operational
Research Society, 62, 2011, 211-216.
- Tactical Store Delivery Planning, Journal
of the Operational Research Society, 59, 2008, 1047-1054 (with C. A.
Goodhart). Winner of the 2009 Goodeve Medal (The OR Society).
- Maritime Transportation, in Handbooks
in Operations Research and Management Science: Transportation, C. Barnhart
and G. Laporte (Eds.), North-Holland, Amsterdam, 2007, 189-284 (with M.
Christiansen, K. Fagerholt and B. Nygreen).
- Dispatching Continuous Moves, Journal
of Transportation Management, 16(2), 2005, 25-37.
- Ship Routing and Scheduling: Status and
Perspectives, Transportation Science, 38(1), 2004, 1-18 (with M.
Christiansen and K. Fagerholt).
- Dispatching Petroleum Products, Operations
Research, 43(3), 1995, 379-387.
- Consolidating and Dispatching Truck
Shipments of Mobil Heavy Petroleum Products, Interfaces, 25(2), 1995,
1-17 (with D. O. Bausch and G. G. Brown).
- Dispatching Shipments at Minimal Cost
with Multiple Mode Alternatives, Journal of Business Logistics, 15(1), 1994,
287-303 (with D. O. Bausch and G. G. Brown).
- Scheduling Ocean Transportation of
Crude Oil, Management Science, 33, 1987, 335-346 (with G. G. Brown and
G. W. Graves).
- Real-Time, Wide Area Dispatch of Mobil
Tank Trucks, Interfaces,17, 1987, 107-120 (with G. G. Brown, C. J. Ellis
and G. W. Graves). Finalist, Franz Edelman award competition (INFORMS).
- Associate Editor, Interfaces.
- Member of the Editorial Review Board, Journal
of Business Logistics
- Member of the Editorial Board, Maritime
Economics and Logistics